Need help picking an audio set
Apr 11, 2019 at 2:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ClockworkCottage

New Head-Fier
Hey I am looking for an audio solution for my TV/pc for mainly for watching movies and a bit of music(rap, rock, classical). Looking for something in the 400-500$ range. It will be used in a small room not a living room. I don't know if I should get a soundbar + subwoofer or if I'll be better of with stereo speakers without an amplifier/receiver. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Apr 11, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #2 of 6
Is your PC using the TV screen as the computer monitor?
Is the TV also used with a your Comcast/ATT/Direct TV service?
I would try and talk you into getting studio monitors (self powered speakers).

Apr 11, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #3 of 6
Is your PC using the TV screen as the computer monitor?
Is the TV also used with a your Comcast/ATT/Direct TV service?
I would try and talk you into getting studio monitors (self powered speakers).
Yeah when I watch a movie i use my TV as a pc screen. Also looking to buy a projector in the future to complete the setup so for now only sound will do. Anyway if you know any monitors that will somehow fit my budget let me know :)

Apr 11, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #5 of 6
Apr 12, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #6 of 6
Hey I am looking for an audio solution for my TV/pc for mainly for watching movies and a bit of music(rap, rock, classical). Looking for something in the 400-500$ range. It will be used in a small room not a living room. I don't know if I should get a soundbar + subwoofer or if I'll be better of with stereo speakers without an amplifier/receiver. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

If the HDTV has optical output there are 2.0 and 2.1 powered speakers that can utilize that. Look at HiVi and Edifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back