Need help on SACD player
Aug 21, 2013 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AlanHell

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, I am new to the cd player market. I use to be a PC-fi that uses sound card for my audio playback.
After a year, my SACD and Blue-ray music collection has been built up and my old Sony NS999 cannot feed my need anymore. So I need to find a new player that has the best price to performance ratio. Here are some thing I need:

1. SACD playback ability (Blueray will be the best to have)
2. Dedicated Stereo Playback circuit (Dedicated power supply will be a good to have)
3. Balance XLR output  (If the deal is really good, this may not be needed)
4. DAC (do not think a play that does not have a DAC can do 24/192)
5. Priced around $1000 or less. (I am not loaded with cash so price will be a issue here)

Here are some I found very interesting to me, hope any one that heard anyone of them have comment. Also, I need some technical tips about how to compare CD players cause I am very new to this area.

OPPO BDP-95
Marantz UD7007
Onkyo DVSP1000
Onkyo C-S5LV
Yamaha CD-S1000BL

Thanks for your input~~~

Aug 22, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #2 of 5
You might consider posting these questions on the websites AVforum and AVSforum.

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #3 of 5
thanks~~~~
I thought AV is for receivers~~~

Aug 23, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
thanks~~~~
I thought AV is for receivers~~~

"AV" is short for Audio & Video, so anything that involves Audio or anything that involves Video
or a combo of the two, is talked about on AVforum & AVSforum.

Aug 23, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
"AV" is short for Audio & Video, so anything that involves Audio or anything that involves Video
or a combo of the two, is talked about on AVforum & AVSforum.

Well,I know what AV means~~~Not Adult Video right:p
Can you give me a link to that forum, I can not find it on the forum homepage ~~~~

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back