Need Help making a decision in buying buying some IEM's.
Oct 17, 2011 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jmotyka

100+ Head-Fier
This is my first time posting here. Ive been reading threads here from time to time. So here's my dilemma. I actually bought some Klipsch se215s the other day and was all excited to get them, and to say the least im highly dissapointed, so much so i dont want to go any further lol. Now i must say that i am a bass head, i do listen to all kinds of music so i want to listen to a song with less bass i just hit the eq. Now if i want to listen to a song with big bass i want the headphones to handle it with no problems. So here are my choices and i dont want to spend no more than 120$ on them including shipping.

Monster Turbine High-Performance http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004V970CM?ie=UTF8&seller=A133CKJ7CPNI6R&sn=Tiger%20Brother
Or The Klipsch image s4's

If you guys have other suggestions i welcome to them. From what i heard for the amount i want to spend the monsters are the way to go for bass.

Oct 17, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 2
$60 for Brainwavz M2's and toss on some Comply tips

The M2's sound amazing for the price.

I am going to have to argue against the Klipsch S4's because of the huge bass boost.  Many report that the sound is mediocre at best with a ton of boom bass without being tight and airy.  The Turbine is simply a better sounding IEM, but you may need to find some Comply tips to satisfy your comfort preferences.

If you have already been disappointed with a Klipsch IEM I highly suggest change brands.

I think the DBA-02 rings up at $160, but is really an awesome IEM.  If you can save up that may be your best option for getting the most out of your hard earned cred.

Check out joker's master IEM review list.  I find it very truthful and extremely useful.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-186-iems-compared-xears-nature-n3i-xe200pro-added-8-01

Users who are viewing this thread

Back