*Need Help* Looking for Headphones without amps!!!!
Nov 20, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #16 of 31
Oh okay, do you know what are some attractive looking headphones but are also great sounding to take outside without an amp?

I do not.

Im not trying to be a wiseguy but I dont care what headphones look like...all I care about is how they sound...I'd wear a pumpkin on my head if they sounded good.

Reading thru this thread youve gotten some decent suggestions already.Alternately why not get another pair of M-100s?

Or...buy a little portable amp to go with your smartphone?

Nov 20, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #17 of 31
I do not.

Im not trying to be a wiseguy but I dont care what headphones look like...all I care about is how they sound...I'd wear a pumpkin on my head if they sounded good.

Reading thru this thread youve gotten some decent suggestions already.Alternately why not get another pair of M-100s?

Or...buy a little portable amp to go with your smartphone?
I kind of want try out a new pair of headphones, but bored of the Vmoda's lol

Nov 20, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #18 of 31
Another way to address the amp issue is to get a used LG V10 or a new V20...precisely why I switched to them. Had the V10...loved it; upgraded to the V20 once I was eligible...love it. Can power the majority of headphones quite well.

Nov 20, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #21 of 31
Audioquest Nighthawk !
Did you get the info I sent ?

Nov 20, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #24 of 31
I sent you a link for the Nighthawk for 299.00 pounds. I just checked the link and they are back up to 499.00 ! You should check your Pms when you are asking for help.

Nov 20, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #26 of 31
Oppo PM-3, used but like-new condition for 300 or 330 pounds here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00V87W084/ref=sr_1_4_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1479690877&sr=8-4&keywords=audioquest+nighthawk&condition=used

Nov 20, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #27 of 31
When i was looking for headphones earlier this year, I tried basically everything. The momentums, the mh40, b&w and pretty much all else in between. The ones that just shot every other headphone by comparison were the pm3s. I have to admit that the mh40s were realllly good too, they were the most fun sounding headphones. Its too bad I couldnt get my big head to fit in between comfortably. If you can try them both go for it. they are both portable and have the best sound of all others available in the market, the momentums dont even come close to the oppos. If you have a large head, the mh40s wont fit you and in that case try the pm3s.
Hope that helps.

Nov 20, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #28 of 31
  Hi guys, my Vmoda m100's have recently broke after many years. I was extremely impressed with them, so, I am looking for a nice pair of headphones that sound great a long with look very nice but WITHOUT an AMP. I will mainly be using it for my smartphone and will be taking it out with me pretty much all the time therefore no amp is needed. My budget is £250-300 and i'm from the UK so if you guys could find the prices from a UK website that will be great :) 

Will upvote anyone who helps me :D 

Thanks, Ryan.

Well, if I were in your position, liking the sound of an headphone which broke, I would just buy the same. Too easy? 
biggrin.gif

https://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B00A39PPDK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back