*Need Help* Looking for Headphones without amps!!!!
Nov 20, 2016 at 7:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Ryannnn

Head-Fier
Hi guys, my Vmoda m100's have recently broke after many years. I was extremely impressed with them, so, I am looking for a nice pair of headphones that sound great a long with look very nice but WITHOUT an AMP. I will mainly be using it for my smartphone and will be taking it out with me pretty much all the time therefore no amp is needed. My budget is £250-300 and i'm from the UK so if you guys could find the prices from a UK website that will be great :) 

Will upvote anyone who helps me :D 

Thanks, Ryan.

Nov 20, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #2 of 31
  Hi guys, my Vmoda m100's have recently broke after many years. I was extremely impressed with them, so, I am looking for a nice pair of headphones that sound great a long with look very nice but WITHOUT an AMP. I will mainly be using it for my smartphone and will be taking it out with me pretty much all the time therefore no amp is needed. My budget is £250-300 and i'm from the UK so if you guys could find the prices from a UK website that will be great :) 

Will upvote anyone who helps me :D 

Thanks, Ryan.

Hi Ryan, auditioned the B&O H6 and was very impressed. Very comfortable sq is on the warm side but not too bassy. 

Nov 20, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #3 of 31
I like my Oppo PM3's (great bass and midrange) but I wonder if they have the sparkle of the M100s which have more of a peak in the 8-10K range

I listened to the B&W P7's yesterday and thought they were nice as well as good looking.

Others to consider...Momentum 2, Nad HP50, Focal Spirit One Classics, and Master Dynamic MH40's

I haven't heard the MH40's but they're FR curve aligns well with the M100's and it seems a lot of folks like them...kind of a retro look though

Nov 20, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #4 of 31
I like my Oppo PM3's (great bass and midrange) but I wonder if they have the sparkle of the M100s which have more of a peak in the 8-10K range

I listened to the B&W P7's yesterday and thought they were nice as well as good looking.

Others to consider...Momentum 2, Nad HP50, Focal Spirit One Classics, and Master Dynamic MH40's

I haven't heard the MH40's but they're FR curve aligns well with the M100's and it seems a lot of folks like them...kind of a retro look though

Thanks have you tried the Meze's? heard they arent the best sounding but look great.

Nov 20, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #6 of 31
Assuming you're talking about the Meze 99's...

Haven't heard them but would like to. I'm thinking they had several good reviews on Head-Fi and other sites but maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Nov 20, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #7 of 31
  Yeah they look very nice as well, any others you are impressed with?

The Momentum 2 again is a good all rounder. Have them since launch and still going strong. Not exactly precision sq but great for portable use. Had the Focal Spirit but the build was terrible all rattles! 

Nov 20, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #12 of 31
If you want some modded for cheap, damianryan just posted some modded Grado RS2 with L-Cush (on-ear) and G-Cush (over-ear) ear pad sets for 150 pounds and ACS Evolve in-ear for 100 pounds:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/826433/modded-grado-rs2

http://www.head-fi.org/t/826431/acs-evolve

He has some feedback and you might be able to meet with him locally. These are used (though pictures show lightly), so people can continue giving recommendations on new ones as well. :)

Nov 20, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #14 of 31
  What does everyone think of the Sennheiser HD 650s?

HD650s are great....However....

theyre not good for taking outside,and....

they def need an amp,and a pretty powerful one at that to help with that mid bass bump.

If you want to take headphones outside you pretty much need to focus on closed backs or IEMs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back