Need help: Klipsch x7i or Ultimate Ears UE600Vi or maybe Audio-Technica CKM500i
Jul 14, 2013 at 3:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Tommy C

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all,

I have been reading reviews in the last few weeks but still debating; Klipsch x7i or Ultimate Ears UE600Vi or maybe Audio-Technica CKM500i.
I listen mostly to online radio station at work an my own music while in the train. I know the Audio-Technica is more of a V shape which sometimes I don't mind. UE600Vi looks like a nice deal but I am concern about the build quality. Klipsch x7i, I feel the 130cm cable is a bit too long for me...and the CKM500i is a different animal altogether.

I am open minded to other options with mic. Currently I use the Meelectronics CC51P which I like but there are not durable, and I am VERY careful with my earphones...

Thanks!

Aug 22, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #3 of 5
I think the UE600 vi might be a bit bass light while the CKM500i with a bit of a sub bass hump. I need the mic so it makes the options rather limited. Also looking at the Ultimate Ears Superfi 5 vi which are supposed to be like the UE but some people say they are actually better and tuned differently, on top of other changes... The NuForce NE-700M improved version/ V2 and the Fischer Audio Eterna are good option as well. All in the same price range.

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

Aug 22, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #5 of 5
Klipsch x7i is more epxensive but was on sale for $129 + tax but the deal is over... So gonna pass on those. I am not a bass head but nice tight bass is welcomed. Also thinking about the Triplefi 10 which is another lever altogether, but the fit looks terrible as they are huge!
Still trying to make up my mind.

Edit: Someone also posted that the Denon AHC560R are on sale for $50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back