need help installing d2+ firmware update.
Jul 22, 2009 at 11:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

pyrokid

500+ Head-Fier
So, I've been searching for about half an hour, and I still can't find out how to update the firmware on my d2+. (or at least not in language I can understand. )
I know just about nothing about computers. So I kind of would like someone to lay out what to do to load the 3.11 firmware in the simplest possible terms.
\

Edit: NVM, someone PM'd me how to do it.
Thanks!

Jul 23, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #3 of 10
I assume you have the original D2?
Have you downloaded the required software called "Tcctool"?

here: read this thread.. it should explain everything
http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27051

EDIT: also; dont forget to disable signature enforcement if you have vista

Click Start, then in the Search box type "cmd". You will see an icon for the command prompt appear in the Programs section. Move your cursor over this icon, click and hold down your right mouse button on it, drag it off onto the desktop, release the right mouse button, and select "Create Shortcut Here". Now right click this new shortcut and click "Run as administrator". You will now be presented with a DOS window and command prompt. At the prompt, type the following: "bcdedit -set loadoptions \”DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS” and press enter. Notice there are 2 D's for disable, this is intentional. Now reboot the PC

Jul 23, 2009 at 10:12 AM Post #5 of 10
ahaaaaa

go to iAudiophile.net and download the firmware you want there

1. First apply the D2N.bin from the "0" folder of D2 FW, copy the D2N.bin to the root directory of the player
2. Restart your D2+ and all contents in the internal memory will be deleted
3. Copy D2N_P_FT.bin and D2N_P_RS.bin (D2+ font and theme file) to the root of the player and disconnect the player
4. Start the D2 and the font and resource file will be flashed
5. Done!

Jul 23, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ahaaaaa

go to iAudiophile.net and download the firmware you want there

1. First apply the D2N.bin from the "0" folder of D2 FW, copy the D2N.bin to the root directory of the player
2. Restart your D2+ and all contents in the internal memory will be deleted
3. Copy D2N_P_FT.bin and D2N_P_RS.bin (D2+ font and theme file) to the root of the player and disconnect the player
4. Start the D2 and the font and resource file will be flashed
5. Done!

I can't seem to find anything labeled 'Root' though.

Jul 24, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #7 of 10
"root" is the place in you player where all the folders are Music,Video,Settings and the other ones.

just drag and drop in the player but not in any folder :9
good luck.

Jul 24, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #8 of 10
mods feel free to delete my thread i have it here. just didn't pick up in the search :-o

Jul 24, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #9 of 10
for the OP: when you copy the D2N_P and switch the player off then on, it will say "firmware upgrade" with a progress bar and cycle arrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back