Need help finding a new headset ( old broke )
Feb 27, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #16 of 38
Umm, okay..
I'm really lost right now, I can't choose..

Based upon your comments before you edited,you seem stuck on the DT990s 250 ohms. To repeat myself,

You will hear your keyboard clacking
I do not know if the Soundblaster Z will work well with it or not. Perhaps another member can assist you?
I prefer external amps and DACs. The Magni 3 will drive the DT990s easily,as well as all the other headphones weve talked about above.
Will you like the way it sounds? Only you can decide that.

Feb 27, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #17 of 38
Based upon your comments before you edited,you seem stuck on the DT990s 250 ohms. To repeat myself,

You will hear your keyboard clacking
I do not know if the Soundblaster Z will work well with it or not. Perhaps another member can assist you?
I prefer external amps and DACs. The Magni 3 will drive the DT990s easily,as well as all the other headphones weve talked about above.
Will you like the way it sounds? Only you can decide that.

The only fear I have about this headset, is the fact of the bass.. I really hated the Game Zero because it has almost no bass, and I don't want to revive that.
You did put it at the bottom of your list in the bass section, but you said it was still good, so I don't know what to think..
The thing is that I really like bassy music ^^

Feb 27, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #18 of 38
The only fear I have about this headset, is the fact of the bass.. I really hated the Game Zero because it has almost no bass, and I don't want to revive that.
You did put it at the bottom of your list in the bass section, but you said it was still good, so I don't know what to think..
The thing is that I really like bassy music ^^

Again,to repeat myself,typically closed backs have more bass quantity than open backs. There are some exceptions,but thats the general rule. X2 and DT990s are open backed,while the others are closed back.

You need to decide if less bass(but still a lot for open backs) and being able to hear your keyboard is worth it to you.

I think you should go with the V-Moda M-100s. They have huge bass,closed back and you dont need an amp. Grab the XL pads and enjoy.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #19 of 38
Soundmagic HP200 (open) headphones.
Or if you go for a closed headphone, Soundmagic HP151.

Feb 28, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #21 of 38
Again,to repeat myself,typically closed backs have more bass quantity than open backs. There are some exceptions,but thats the general rule. X2 and DT990s are open backed,while the others are closed back.

You need to decide if less bass(but still a lot for open backs) and being able to hear your keyboard is worth it to you.

I think you should go with the V-Moda M-100s. They have huge bass,closed back and you dont need an amp. Grab the XL pads and enjoy.

After inquiring, I think an open back is what I need. Sorry for being that annoying. xD

Feb 28, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #24 of 38
Both these headphones are really bad rated, I don't know what to think..
I own both the HP200 and HP151, no regrets buying them.

Mar 1, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #25 of 38
I own both the HP200 and HP151, no regrets buying them.

I mean, I don't really know if I'm a basshead or not..
The only thing I know is that I really liked G230 in term of bass, and hated game zero because it has no bass at all..
Do you think Dt990 bass would be like my old G230 or this wont be enough ?
Thanks

PS : I believe G230 was an open back too

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #26 of 38
Mar 1, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #28 of 38
Yea that's what I had ^^
After looking at some threads, I more leaning towards Fidelio x2 ( that you recommended before ), since they seems to be a better all rounder. Do you think they're bass is better than dt990 ones ?
Thanks

Yeah I think they have bigger bass. Its not a massive difference,but noticeable.
I use them for gaming everyday.

Mar 1, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #29 of 38
Yeah I think they have bigger bass. Its not a massive difference,but noticeable.
I use them for gaming everyday.

And they don't have that bad feeling for music ? I mean there aren't those sharp highs and they have better mids ?
I think i'm gonna buy them ( also I don't think it'll need an amp ^^ )
Thanks
EDIT : And also what about movies ? ^^
EDIT 2 : What this headphones are 500€ in my country..
EDIT 3 : ( yeah that's a lot xd ) : Can you have a look at this thread please ? I would like your opinion ^^ : https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6yn150/dt990_and_fidelio_x2_is_it_me/
EDIT 4 : After inquiring, I'm more listening to these kinds of musics : dubstep, house, electropop,.. and also animes openings :3

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #30 of 38
And they don't have that bad feeling for music ? I mean there aren't those sharp highs and they have better mids ?
I think i'm gonna buy them ( also I don't think it'll need an amp ^^ )
Thanks
EDIT : And also what about movies ? ^^
EDIT 2 : What this headphones are 500€ in my country..
EDIT 3 ( yeah that's a lot xd ) : Can you have a look at this thread please ? I would like your opinion ^^ : https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6yn150/dt990_and_fidelio_x2_is_it_me/

I cant really comment on that. I have read about others complaining about the highs of the Fidelio series in the past. Either I got a great pair,or my ears arent bothered by it the way Beyer highs bother me.
Movies and games are quite similar,err,at least action movies. Lots of added bass.Its been my experience when a headphone is good for games,it crosses over to films to varying degrees,based upon genre of films.

Regarding music:

I own some very nice,expensive headphones for music listening,so I never(and I repeat,NEVER)use my X1s for music.
I do think think 500.00 is insane for the Fidelios though. Def not worth that kind of cash IMO.
If you can get the DT990s for a better price,go ahead and do that. The difference isnt massive.
Again,get the 32 ohm version if you dont want to bother with an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back