Need Help Deciding Upon an Upgrade Path (Currently Fiio E10 > PIMETA > AH-D2000)
Oct 21, 2013 at 1:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mminutel

500+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,
I've been out of the game for a long time. This modest setup has been with me for quite some time, but I think it's time for a change. I want to focus on my computer rig for now as I spend most of my time in my bedroom listening through headphones.

I currently have the following:
FiiO E10 (DAC) > Custom PIMETA (Amp) > Denon AH-D2000s

I currently have a budget of around $500, but that might be extendable to around $600. I enjoy my headphones, but I also like the idea of having a pair of cans that will compliment them. I was thinking of perhaps spending some of the budget on new headphones and some of it on a new amp. I'm not really sure how the PIMETA compares to other amps, but I like the idea of experimenting with tubes. I've been looking at the Schiit Valhalla, but that wouldn't leave much money left for a decent set of cans. What do you guys think?

I also like the idea of upgrading my amp, because I don't like the aesthetics of the PIMETA anymore. I didn't get engraved panels, so it's just kind of a clunky box sitting there.

Any information would be helpful. I listen to a wide variety of music, but I would say the majority of it would be considered Alternative Rock. I also listen to a lot of Rap and Classic Rock, so it's hard to pinpoint a sound signature that I would prefer.

Also, does anyone know if the Senn HD 598s that are available on Amazon are after the headband recall? Is there any way to differentiate them by serial number or something?

Thanks a lot guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back