Need help deciding: The Raptor, WA2, RPX33 with a poll
Oct 20, 2010 at 9:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

RTF

100+ Head-Fier
This is the first time I've made  a thread like this.  I'm in the market for an amp to compliment my rather neutral Amphora(which I really like) and am having trouble deciding which to get.  My main prerequisite is that it be musical, powerful, and full sounding. I've read lots of impressions but I thought a thread like this would be fun. Max budget is $1500. I listen mostly to post rock, and some jazz, classical, metal, prog.

My main cans are HD600's, though I plan on getting a pair of HD650's soon as well, source will be a Pico Dac when it finally gets here. I've narrowed my search down to 3 amps but am open to other suggestions as l long as they aren't neutral/analytical sounding, and atm I plan on stayng se.

The 3 amps are: RSA The Raptor, Woo Audio 2, and Rudi RPX33. I've read good things about all the amps and they all look great which is good because I'm kinda picky about aesthetics.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Raptor but my main hesitancy is that I've read it can be rather SS sounding, even more so than the RPX33, but I've also read tube rolling can change that.

Another important factor is having a quiet background so any comments on that would be helpful. Though I'm almost certain that won't be an issue with the Rudi.

If you've heard all 3 please chime in! Thanks for any input, suggestions, and insights, I really appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back