Need help connecting my amp to a AD/DA converter
Mar 13, 2008 at 2:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Gladstone

Head-Fier
Hello everyone!

I have an Ultrasone Edition 9 headphone plugged into a RudiStor RPX-33 dying to be connected to an AD/DA converter (in this case a Lynx Aurora 8).

The problem is it's not easy to find high quality male RCA Phono's to female XLR cables. I'm not very technical, which doesn't help, so I'm not really liking the idea to make one myself out of different materials.

Okay, so it's an Lynx Studio Aurora 8 AD/DA converter and it uses the CBL-AOUT85 XLR Analog Output cable.

Some info on the side (for whatever it's worth):
-Digital I/O DB-25 connectors follow Yamaha pinout protocol
-Analog I/O DB-25 connectors follow Tascam pinout protocol

The RudiStor RPX-33 probably needs no introduction. It normally comes shipped with the BlueShift K2 cable (lowest).

Any help, suggestions, tips, knowledge, references etc. would be very much appreciated! I live in Europe btw (the Netherlands).

Also, I'm new! Nice to be a part of these forums.
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #4 of 10
Sadly...Blue Jeans Cable can't help me out because Lynx's analog outputs are balanced and the RPX-33's inputs are unbalanced. For this reason RudiStor can't seem to help me out either.

Anyone else any suggestions?

Mar 13, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #5 of 10
Looks like you are going to need somone to build you a small converter box that has XLR input, and RCA output.

I suggest the Twisted Pear audio Opus BALLSIE (Balanced to single-ended) Converter. Post a thread in the DIY forum and see if someone will build you one.

Opus - A Balanced DAC

Mar 14, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #7 of 10
It comes as a PCB with components on it. You would need to solder in the jacks, and all of the power components, as well as add a case.

Mar 14, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #9 of 10
CIAudio VRX-1
You will have one of the cables being blank I guess, unless you decide to feed the outputs to another setup =]

Thats a consequence of the balanced outputs on the Lynx, since you would have blank outputs anyways even if you have straight converter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back