need help choosing portable rig!
Jan 22, 2012 at 8:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

GL1TCH3D

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys and gals,
I'm GL1TCH3D and I need some help with my portable rig...
In terms of headphones, I have the Sony mdr-xb500, B&W P5 as well as I'm getting the Beyer T70 if all goes as planned.
What's my problem? I'm out of the house for 10 hours a day or so and my only source is my iphone 4 with the EQu app. This only lasts about 2-4 hours depending on what else I'm doing on my phone at the same time.
I have around 200-250$ to spend on a nice source with an amp optional ( I'd prefer not having an amp as it's a pain if I have to carry both, so preferably just a portable music player. I was thinking of getting three rocoo studio-v but wanted to ask for suggestions first. Thanks for reading.

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #3 of 6
If the only problem is battery life, what about getting an external battery? There's cases with built-in cases, and standalone batteries you can just plug the iPhone into.

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #4 of 6
That's an idea.... I might try that but still, some players can go 20-30 hours no problem... There's also a problem with size... My iPhone is filled with apps and a few photos and only leaves me about 5-6gb of space for music (My phone is the 16gb version...) which isn't much.
Also, the battery cases for the iphone at my local bestbuy are around 80-120$. I think I can get a used studio-v around 175-200...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back