Need help choosing headphones
Sep 20, 2010 at 5:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Dervish

New Head-Fier
I listen to HipHop/Rap and the occasional rock as well, and once in a while classic music.
I'm looking for headphones that cancel out sound fairly well without having to look luggish as i want them to look stylish too because i will probably use these outside a lot.

-Comfortable on the head as well as not getting too hot on the ears after a while of use would be great. (also, not being really a pain to bring around)

price range would be from 100 to 150.

thanks!

Sep 20, 2010 at 6:16 AM Post #2 of 10
From what i've seen while lurking around the forum..people would recommend you the M50 :p

Sep 20, 2010 at 7:35 AM Post #4 of 10
that i have no idea...heard lots of good stuff about the MDR-V6/7506 too~

Sep 21, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #6 of 10
When I was looking for a new pair of headphones I had exactly the same requirements.
I got the HD448's, I absolutely like them because of the neutral sound, which means all music sounds good.
You might want some headphones with more bass because most people say the HD448 produces to less, although I don't agree.

More about the HD448:
It blocks out some noise, I listen at relatively low volume which is no problem, even in traffic.
It's very comfortable, looks nice and is not to big.
The building quality is a bit poor: the right can makes squeaky noises when it moves (doesn't bother when I am listening to music)
There is a chance of cable breakage (happened to my pair but I was able to fix it) because the cable isn't detachable.
The HD448 certainly profits by an amp but I don't know if a portable one has the same results (I started a threat but no replies).
Without an amp it also sounds really good.

I use them everyday on school and at home carrying them around my neck, they certainly don't bother. A carrying pouch is included
which I use when I go to school by moped (I cycle most of the times though so I can listen to my HD448's
beyersmile.png
) , so that's also practical.

I am very glad I bought them,
mcmalden

ps. you need to check out 'A Tribe Called Quest' (best hip hop ever made, or maybe not, but check it out anyway)

Sep 23, 2010 at 8:19 AM Post #9 of 10
Can anyone give me some Pros for the
Audio Technica M50s?
I think those are pretty rad bass wise, but are they good for all around too?

-is the noise isolation ok?
-sluggish looking?

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back