Need help choosing from Pioneer SE-A1000, Sennheiser HD 439, 449
Nov 21, 2013 at 10:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

adee147

New Head-Fier
So I'm in for buying a pair of headphones under $100 and I have narrowed down to 3 of the available options:

Pioneer SE-A 1000
Sennheiser HD 439
Sennheiser HD 449

I live in Pakistan where I don't have much choice to pick from and all the good products on Amazon/ebay are either not shipped to my country or just too expensive including the shipping and custom duty etc. So again, I have these ones available for a choice. Some things about my listening choices to help deciding:

I'm not a base head. I like true sound, to hear exactly what was intended to hear, not any of the frequencies exaggerated.
My targeted use for these is gaming and movies.
I don't mind isolation as I'm not going to listen to these outside.
My sound source is HP DV6 laptop with Beats Audio sound hardware.
Last but not the least, they have to be comfy for listening periods of 4-6 hours.

I would appreciate your advice for other choices but if you do, please pick one from these too. As with other models, I have the issue of availability. I may be able to get my hands on Philips Cityscape Uptown, so you may consider that too, yet again, please pick one from these three as they are available right now.

Thanks in advance...

Nov 23, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #2 of 3
I've not heard the Pioneer, but I own the HD 439 and I think they are great headphones. I tried the HD449 at the local Hi-Fi store and I think they are good as well, but I'm glad I went with the HD 439. It just seems to do eveything well.

Nov 25, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #3 of 3
Got Pioneer SE-A1000 and more than happy with my decision 
o2smile.gif

Thanks to @pichuhttp://www.head-fi.org/t/670454/pioneer-se-a1000-appreciation-club-sennheiser-hd-650-for-45

Users who are viewing this thread

Back