Need help choosing a good Sub $70 pair of Headphones, mostly for gaming and some Electronic music.
Feb 10, 2012 at 1:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Dark Moon

New Head-Fier
Hello all. I'm new to this forum and hoping to be a part of the community!

So...My JVC HA RX700's broke a few days ago. Actually, the right ear broke, I can only hear sound coming from the left ear. I figured this would be a golden opportunity to get a new pair of headphones.

I was looking into the 700's older brother, the RX900's, but unfortunately they are currently sold out almost everywhere for some strange reason.

I will be using these headphones mainly for gaming, but also for some music. I would say gaming/music: 85/15.

I use an on board sound card and I will not be using any sort of amp, just the headphones by themselves. I was recently looking at the Samson SR850's but could use some more suggestions.

Oh, and comfort is an extreme must. I want to be able to wear them for 3-4+ hours straight and not have to keep readjusting them due to comfort issues.

Thanks.

Feb 10, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
So...My JVC HA RX700's broke a few days ago. Actually, the right ear broke, I can only hear sound coming from the left ear. I figured this would be a golden opportunity to get a new pair of headphones.
I was looking into the 700's older brother, the RX900's, but unfortunately they are currently sold out almost everywhere for some strange reason.
I will be using these headphones mainly for gaming, but also for some music. I would say gaming/music: 85/15.
I use an on board sound card and I will not be using any sort of amp, just the headphones by themselves. I was recently looking at the Samson SR850's but could use some more suggestions.
Oh, and comfort is an extreme must. I want to be able to wear them for 3-4+ hours straight and not have to keep readjusting them due to comfort issues.

Samson SR850 (made by Superlux) are the only ones that come to mind, $50.
For $30 you can get the Asus Xonar DG sound card (PCI).

Feb 10, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm looking for some other suggestions though if possible.And I'm not interested in getting any sound card or amplifier, just headphones for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back