Need help buying a gaming/music Headphone.
Jan 5, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #16 of 28

Quote:
I searched around a bit, and I can't get the 555 for lower than 140 :frowning2:.That's a little too much for me.
Are there any other suggestions? And why exactly is the m50 bad for gaming?

Edit: I read this thread http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/529144/buying-headphones-seeking-guidance-don-t-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here/615. Are the creative aurvana live any good for gaming too?

Not sure where you were looking, but amazon.com has the 555's for $94 us if you're still interested in em.

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #17 of 28
 I dont think the m50's are bad for gaming at all i use them once in a while. There not as good as ad700 in my opinion but there not bad at all. I love my m50's there a great headphone for just starting out in audio. I game with the xbox 360 with an astro mixamp and use the razer carcharias which do have a mic and sound very very good. And there only around 70 bucks, plus can be used on console and pc. check out those razers.

Jan 5, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:
Quote:
I searched around a bit, and I can't get the 555 for lower than 140 :frowning2:.That's a little too much for me.
Are there any other suggestions? And why exactly is the m50 bad for gaming?

Edit: I read this thread http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/529144/buying-headphones-seeking-guidance-don-t-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here/615. Are the creative aurvana live any good for gaming too?

Not sure where you were looking, but amazon.com has the 555's for $94 us if you're still interested in em.

Yes on Amazon. The price is in pounds ( similar price for me as the American amazon, due to lower dollar but extra shipping fee), and the costs to send the product isn't calculated in.
On dutch webshops, the price of both are around 150 euros, quite expensive for me.

Quote:
jronan2 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

I dont think the m50's are bad for gaming at all i use them once in a while. There not as good as ad700 in my opinion but there not bad at all. I love my m50's there a great headphone for just starting out in audio. I game with the xbox 360 with an astro mixamp and use the razer carcharias which do have a mic and sound very very good. And there only around 70 bucks, plus can be used on console and pc. check out those razers.

I thought that razer gear was generally overpriced. I also think that these gamer headsets don't have great sound quality.

I also read somewhere else, that JVC HA-RX900 is a decent headphone. I can order that one for only 75 euros. Are the sennheiser and AT so much better? If they are, I am going to spend some holiday money on those :p

Jan 5, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #19 of 28
The razer carcharias and razer orca's have great sound quality for gaming especially for their low prices, if you need any other help with gaming headsets i turn to http://forums.majorleaguegaming.com/ especially for console gaming. Some of the guys on there have tested a vast amount of gaming geared headsets, almost everyone on that site will back up the razer carcharias and orca's as well as ad700's.

Jan 5, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #20 of 28
oh yeah, the 555's are WAY overpriced on amazon.uk. I looked there a few weeks back and they're stupid high. They're more expensive in raw pounds than they are in dollars, then factoring in the exchange rate, they're more than twice as expensive in England. Makes 0 sense as they're all (to my knowledge) manufactured in either Germany or Ireland. It's not like we're talking about shipping halfway around the world.

Jan 5, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #21 of 28

Quote:
The razer carcharias and razer orca's have great sound quality for gaming especially for their low prices, if you need any other help with gaming headsets i turn to http://forums.majorleaguegaming.com/ especially for console gaming. Some of the guys on there have tested a vast amount of gaming geared headsets, almost everyone on that site will back up the razer carcharias and orca's as well as ad700's.

You have a good point, but every review tells that it's good for games, but lousy for music. I will listen a good deal of my time listening to music, so I think I want a headphone which is better for music.

What do you guys think? I trust this site more than all others combined. I am leaning towards the 555, because they are more comfortable and are better than the ad700 on bass. The 555 and the ad700 are both 140 euros, while the razer one is 70.

Quote:
Skarecrow77 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

oh yeah, the 555's are WAY overpriced on amazon.uk. I looked there a few weeks back and they're stupid high. They're more expensive in raw pounds than they are in dollars, then factoring in the exchange rate, they're more than twice as expensive in England. Makes 0 sense as they're all (to my knowledge) manufactured in either Germany or Ireland. It's not like we're talking about shipping halfway around the world.

Yeah if they would be around 75 euros, It would be a no brainer. Unfortunately, they are a lot more expensive here :frowning2:

Jan 5, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #23 of 28
you do what you got to do bro. I'm just telling you from experience of owning m50's, ad 700's and the razer carcharias. I'm not downgrading this site at all there are so many people on here that know what there talking about. I just mentioned mlg because there are people on there where their hobby is trying out different headsets for gaming. Check this out: http://forums.majorleaguegaming.com/topic/208885-my-take-on-the-ad-700-vs-orca-vs-595/

From your first post on this thread the razers are right up your alley and have great sound quality. Are there better options; of course. Sennhieser pc 360 or like dt880's are obvious but there well over your price range. Ive had people that own both the razers and the pc 360's say the sound differences are very small; not worth an extra 180 price jump.

Jan 6, 2011 at 3:57 AM Post #24 of 28

Quote:
you do what you got to do bro. I'm just telling you from experience of owning m50's, ad 700's and the razer carcharias. I'm not downgrading this site at all there are so many people on here that know what there talking about. I just mentioned mlg because there are people on there where their hobby is trying out different headsets for gaming. Check this out: http://forums.majorleaguegaming.com/topic/208885-my-take-on-the-ad-700-vs-orca-vs-595/

From your first post on this thread the razers are right up your alley and have great sound quality. Are there better options; of course. Sennhieser pc 360 or like dt880's are obvious but there well over your price range. Ive had people that own both the razers and the pc 360's say the sound differences are very small; not worth an extra 180 price jump.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean you when I said that, I meant other review sites in general.

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #26 of 28

Quote:
Any more great advice? Otherwise I think I am going for the 555's :)

If you do decide to go with the 555's i strongly suggest you do the very simple mod to make them like the 595's. A lot of people swear by it, look on youtube for complete directions

Jan 6, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #27 of 28

Quote:
Quote:
Any more great advice? Otherwise I think I am going for the 555's :)

If you do decide to go with the 555's i strongly suggest you do the very simple mod to make them like the 595's. A lot of people swear by it, look on youtube for complete directions

Thanks, I found a video. However, there is a comment on the video which makes me doubt the mod.

MUSSSTT READDD***** well i gave this mod a shot and during the process i realized something. The "retard" foam is ment to be their for a reson. A brand like sennheiser wouldent do that as a scam, Its actualy their to dampen the vibration at loud volumes so you dont get disroted bass from the drriver hiting the driver it self. It is infact the same driver tho, what they do is they move the driver slightly back giving the speaker more room for ossulation and much better lowws. Cheak it your self

What do you guys think?

Jan 6, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #28 of 28
 I know people that gamed with the 555's and did it and loved it. I would research it a bit more. I never done it but I read/know a lot of people that did. Look in different forums, and there are probably a few threads on here about it. Research try and talk to people who actually have the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back