Need Headphone Suggestion
Sep 11, 2013 at 7:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

scottosan

Head-Fier
For regular non headphone listening I use a NAD T753 with Dali Lektor 3's and Sub. The warm sound of the NAD and the wood fiber cones of the Dali's yield a detailed yet warm sound. I recently got the ASUS STX card. I have owned a pair of Grado SR60i HP's for several years. I listen to classical, vocal, acoustic, 80-90's rock, and some modern stuff. Not only have the Grado's served me will, but a lot of the other headphones I've tried sounded bad to me. I've compared several brands but don't remember all of the models. I liked the Sennheisers, PSB's, that sounded good. I didn't like the B&W phones, and I thought the AKG's sounded thin. So far I do really like the Beyer DT880's I tried today. It's hard to demo a lot of these, but for the most part, I like warm neutral open sound. I do not like too much of an emphasis on highs or rumbling bass.

Sep 12, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #2 of 3
So you like the DT880 headphones, cool, so you have found headphones you like.
What other suggestion are you looking for?

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #3 of 3
Actually got to demo the entire Grado line, the Sennheiser HD600/650/700,and the Beyer DT990's.  I ended up getting some DT880 Pro 250 ohm for $239.  They seemed like to most comfortable and best for the price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back