Need ear cushions for beyerdynamic t90's
Feb 17, 2013 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jonbmet

100+ Head-Fier
I purchased a used pair of t90's off of craigslist today. So far I love how they sound, but not how they smell. They smell like cats and cigarettes....even after taking them off I can still smell them!

I've looked through the beyerdynamic "spare parts" on their website, but I couldn't find replacement pads. Does anyone know where I might find them or if pads made for another set might work on these?

I guess since these pads will hit the trash as soon as I get new ones....maybe I should try washing them? Any advice on removing this stinch would be appreciated too.

Feb 17, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #4 of 9
I like the looks of the hifiman pads. Seems like they'd form a better seal around my ears. I've been wearing these new cans all day and the smell is starting to make me sick...I better go ahead and order them now.

Jul 26, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #5 of 9
26july2013
I just bought new cans T90 in Germany as I live in Belgium.
They come in a plastic bag that stinks like hell.
Realy Beyerdynamic shud be ashamed to use such materials.
The headphones are smelly as well.
Nothing much we can do about it..I have send them an email to complain. But so far no comments.

Better not to put the headset back into the foam or plastic bag.
and let it air as much as possible.
The foam packing, I washed in Vinegar, a trick to take the smell away.
The plastic zip bag, I will have to throw away in the bin, I think.

Jul 26, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #6 of 9
The good news is that my T90's eventually lost their smell.

The ironic thing is that I purchased a pair of DT 770's recently that also have a weird smell. These don't smell like cats and cigarettes like the last pair...but some sort of jerry curl spray or something. I have faith these will eventually stop smelling too.

Jul 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #7 of 9
I usually remove the pads and hand wash them, smell is gone. 

May 16, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #9 of 9
What are the appropriate earpads for the T90s? And where can I find Leather/Pleather pads?
And are the T90 pads interchangable with the T70?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back