Need DAC to pair with Grahame Slee SOLO amp
Dec 29, 2021 at 11:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tombomb21

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

I have a grahame slee solo amp which I have had paired with some cheap creative dac. I am looking to buy something better to pair with it. Does anybody have any suggestions which are UK based?

I dont really want to spend anymore than £200-£300 if possible. Looking for a good value for money DAC

Headphones I am using are Senn hd650's

Thanks

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #2 of 5
I would look at one of the topping dacs, I would say the d50’s or the e30. The Soncoz LA-LAQXD1 is also a great value dac as well. If you want cheap and cheerful the IFI Zen Dac is great value for money. Any of the options mentioned you would be more than happy with 👍🏻

Dec 29, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #4 of 5
Most of the DACs on this price range are either by ESS w/c give you the usual Sabre glare. Or by older AKM chips w/c don't give you higher bit rates or MQA.

Would like to recommend you a Audio-gd R2R-11 2019. An R2R DAC/Amp. Organic sounding. Hard to beat at that price. No MQA though if you want that route. Sadly its now out of production.

Try looking at iFi Audio's ZEN DAC Signature V2 USB DAC. As compared to the regular, better premium components, better layout, MQA.
LINK
REVIEW

Edit:
You beat me to it. Was just writing about it.
Forgot a sentence.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #5 of 5
I would agree but mind you I’m quite biased as I do really like what IFI offer and have a lot of products from them! Great value for money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back