Need closed circumaural headphones around $50-100
Jun 10, 2011 at 4:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pasiv

New Head-Fier
Been lurking around here for a little while and this is obviously the place for help.

I primarily listen to stuff from just my labtop using my headphone amp and usb soundcard. For quality, my music has to be lossless from cd or hi-res from vinyl (gotta friend who dabbles in very expensive equipment and records and gives me stuff). I listen to various types of rock and metal as well as, electronic and ambient music. Currently I've been using the Koss PortaPros for a while now and I like them. But they are very limited on bass and of course tons of sound leakage. Right now I'd prefer more private listening. I do follow specs on everything so I'd prefer something to have a nice range in frequency, and modest impedance. I'm not really a bass-head but a good presence is nice.

The pair I found was the Sennheiser HD428 for $50 on amazon. The only bad thing I've read about them is their neutral sound, as expected from Sennheiser, and a good burn in period for better sound quality and bass presence.

So can anyone find a better pair with a good bang for your buck price?

Jun 10, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #3 of 3
I also suggest the DJ100. They've been my favorite since the summer of last year. They have a balanced signature, but still have some slightly forward mids and a good amount of bass. $80 IMO is a steal for these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back