Need an amp for Under 100GBP! To drive Hd598's.
Oct 7, 2012 at 12:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Sanotter

100+ Head-Fier
So, I will be getting the HD 598's in a couple of weeks, but having used my noisy inbuilt audio on my computer, i need something to stop it. Max 100GBP, although less is better, I was thinking a nuforce uDac-2 or xonar dx, but would prefer something <100. i don't need portability, just a pretty much pure signal - as hissing irritates me more than anything - and a bit more power as some people have mentioned the hd598's sound better with a bit of amping. Thanks, 

Oct 7, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
So, I will be getting the HD 598's in a couple of weeks, but having used my noisy inbuilt audio on my computer, i need something to stop it. Max 100GBP, although less is better, I was thinking a nuforce uDac-2 or xonar dx, but would prefer something <100. i don't need portability, just a pretty much pure signal - as hissing irritates me more than anything - and a bit more power as some people have mentioned the hd598's sound better with a bit of amping. Thanks, 

The Xonar DG & DGX are better at driving headphones then the Xonar DX (& D1, DS, DSX).
The Fiio E10 comes with a better DAC and headphone amplifier (quality wise) then the DG & DGX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back