Need advise on buying good headphones for trance
May 7, 2013 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Bassicle

New Head-Fier
After 4 years of using Creative- and Sony in-ear plugs, I figured that music sounds so much better through headphones.
So now I'm looking for very good headphones that suits trance music the best. I almost always listen music on my phone, so I don't know if I'm able to use headphones like the Technics RP-DH 1200, because I don't know whether they need an amp to sound the way the should. Therefore I need some advise.

Thanks in advance

May 7, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #2 of 7
What's your budget and sonic preferences(ie genres)?

May 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #4 of 7
You sound like you'd like the loss pro dj 100 and a good amp like the fiio e07k, read some reviews on here of it (tdockweiler)

May 7, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #6 of 7
Look into the Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro and DT990 Pro (available through Amazon UK). The DT880 Pro is a little more neutral, whereas the DT990 has emphasized bass. However, both of these are open, so not good for portable use because they have little isolation, and they both need an amp.

Here's a review of the DT880 in this battle of the flagship headphone review thread where is scored one of the best values: http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-57-headphones-compared-update-ultimate-ears-uerm-added-4-14-13#user_DT880

May 7, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #7 of 7
I'd say the either the koss tbses or the pro dj200s for the detchable cables are excellent portables, and they isolate really well

they don't need an amplifier but they're well under budget so I'd recommend getting a fiio at least to really fill out the sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back