Need Advice
Jun 5, 2011 at 6:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

spkrs01

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all, recently joined and am new to this IEM hobby. Have been an audiophile for over 20years. What got me into this game was after I had recently bought a Motorola Xoom, I realized how good it was a music player. Since I carry it around for work it just made sense to also use it as my main portable player. I was originally using the earphones I had lying around things like 75 - 100 us dollar Sony things. 
After 3 days with the Xoom and realizing how good the Xoom was I bought a pair of Westone 4 on the back of the forum here, so thanks everyone. As I mentioned in my intro post on the 4s forum, I havnt even heard of this company before. I didnt even auditioned them when I made the purchase, although I could have along with all the other ones like ie8, 535 etc, btw I am in Hong Kong. I love the sound of the 4s and am exremely happy with them and think I have really bitten the bug for this hobby.
Now the problem I facing is that the output volume on the Xoom isnt very high, at home its fine but when I am travelling theres too much noise coming through and I dont want to keep the volume pot on max. So the advice I am looking for is:-
Any recommendations for IEM that are a lot more sensitive than the Westone 4s and are of good quality soundwise. Similar price range would be OK. It doesnt have to sound similar to the 4s, ie in musical presentation, voicing etc. 
Thanks very much in advance.

Spkrs01

ps. I listen to all types of music on the Xoom, right now Vivaldi as I type....but have anything from Pink Floyd to Jessie J to Donald Fagan to Adele. The majority of the music  are in wav uncompressed format with the remaining in mp3 320...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back