Need advice on Headphone Amp and sound card
Sep 12, 2014 at 3:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

UnderNewbie

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I got an Amplifier, Bose speakers and a Laptop. And, I do have an iPhone and an Android phone.
I would love to use my Laptop as a source for music and sometimes, a phone as the same purpose. The problem with my Laptop is Latency so I need a sound card with headphone amp integrated. 

I just check and found SOUND BLASTER E5. More details can be found here:
http://en.europe.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-e5

That can be a solution, but there is no review available.
So, I would like to have your advice/recommendation for me on this matter. Which Headphone Amp should I go for with the budget under 300EUR.
You are experts to me. I hope to have your help on this.

Thank you so much!
Looking forward to your advice!

Sep 12, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #2 of 3
Interesting - it has bluetooth capability too. You might have to wait a few more weeks for reviews to filter through.

I tried a Musical Fidelity V90-HPA the other day - really good for the asking price but has to stay on the desktop. Did you want a portable DAC/amp?

Look at the Fiio X3 - yes it is a player, but can act as a DAC/amp for your laptop. it will not act as an amp alone, but you can listen to the X3 instead of the phone + amp.

Sep 12, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #3 of 3
Hi, thank you so much for your advice.
I will wait for more few weeks for sure. But I will check around.
I think the E5 has bluetooth, but also has Optical in - out so it might be a good option for future when I get a new amplifier with optical in.

The portable DAC/Amp is not really a matter to me.
Just want to have a good quality.

Quote:
  Interesting - it has bluetooth capability too. You might have to wait a few more weeks for reviews to filter through.

I tried a Musical Fidelity V90-HPA the other day - really good for the asking price but has to stay on the desktop. Did you want a portable DAC/amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back