Need advice for low-end multiple use headset at around $50, Razer Electra or ATH-M30?
Sep 13, 2013 at 3:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

apttyhp

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I have looked around the forum for a while and still cannot decide which one to pick. Hopefully you can give me more advice... Many thanks!!

I just broke two Sennhersier HD201, a Star Wars Storm Trooper DJ Headphones, and one from skullcandy, all resulting from my unconsciously pulling the wire when standing up or reaching for something. Now I am searching for some headset at around $50, and intend to treat the new headset with care. I have two laptop (both with audio/mic combo jack) and iPad, iPhone. I do hope the headset to have a mic for use on iPone and iPad, but it doesn't matter too much as I have a yeti blue for use on laptops. I will use the headset 40% on music, 20% on movie, 20% on video editing and 20% gaming.

Currently I am narrowing down to:
1. Razer Electra. I know it is mainly gaming headset, but there are tons of good reviews on amazing, claiming that it sounds as good as some $200-300 headset. Is it true? It does have a on-wire mic and the main attraction for me is that the wire is removable. So if I unfortunately break another line, at least I can buy a replacement. But I also see people complaining it press too much.

2. ATH-M30. The value point is that this is a monitor headset, which is excellent for video editing. AT also have a good reputation of good sound quality. The down point is that it doesn't have a mic.

Now amazon is having Electra for $50 and M30 for $60. I also haven't totally give up on Siberia V2 for iPod ($50) and Panasonic RP-HTX7-A1 ($34 on amazon with tons of good reviews as well). Please give me some advice on the four (especially the two that I narrowed down)! Also welcome recommendation on other device within the price range (definately under 70)! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back