Need advice for a DAP
Oct 27, 2021 at 12:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Lamby90

Head-Fier
Hello all, I'm just thinking to upgrade my current portable setup (Sony NW-A55 with a FiiO BTR5) with a DAP.
Mainly because I'm always concerned not to have enough power to drive my IEMs (KBear BElieve, Starfield, GK10, Blon 03, Blon 01, ecc) and secondly I want to remove the bluetooth from the chain, that's not practical have always around the dap and the btr5 when I can have all in one DAP.
So I'm thinking of getting a new DAP, budget I don't know yet because I'm trying to sell a bunch of stuff I have around but let's say under 1.000$/€.
I'm new to this world of the DAPs so I don't know much, what to look and the brands. I don't need it to be wifi/android, I don't need bluetooth. I'll use only my mp3/flac/dsd from my collection and only cabled IEMs (I have a 2.5 mm cable for all my IEMs).
I want a DAP able to drive all my IEMs and potentially drive any IEMs I'll buy in the future, I like a lot the BTR5 but it's not that powerful and for example the BElieve is not that good as on the Topping A90 desktop amp.
Any advice would be welcome, even if this will be just a waste of money and I should stick with the NW-A55+BTR5 too.
Thanks in advance, cheers

Nov 8, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #2 of 2
Sorry the double post, I've just sold my Sony dap.
In my hunt for a new dap I have come to a crossroads (I'm impatiently waiting for the 11/11 on hifigo or linsoul to buy the new one, hoping some good discount), the two options are:
-Cayin n3 Pro (414€ right now)
-IBasso DX240 (794€ right now)

The IBasso is a little expensive but I'm hoping in a good discount on 11/11.
Is it worth it to spent that more on the IBasso instead of the Cayin? Or price/performance the Cayin is a better choice (I'm intrigued by the tubes)?
Any suggestion is welcome, cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back