Need advice and opinions
Mar 12, 2011 at 5:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jesse111

New Head-Fier
I will be setting up a high end headphone system soon. I need your expertise.

I listen to rock, hard rock, metal and some folk music. I prefer a more emotionally engaging presentation. My full size audio system consists of McIntosh gear. I prefer a warm sound with magnificent bass. Yes, it's certainly nice to have both engaging warmth and resolute accuracy but I'm willing to give up a tiny bit of resolution or transparency in order to get a more realistic life like performance. 

My research so far has peaked my interest in two companies.

Beyerdynamic and Woo.

After much research I happened to notice that Woo actually sells the T1 Tesla. So apparently perhaps I've gone down the right path.

What would you consider the best Woo amp for the T1's?

Money certainly doesn't grow on trees but I'm not terribly concerned about the cost. My goal is not to try and save a few hundred bucks on a comparable item but rather, to get the sound I'm looking for.

Please offer any opinion or advice and questions for me that you feel would be of benefit.

Mar 13, 2011 at 8:45 AM Post #3 of 3
Yep, I contacted Woo and they recommended the WA2 for the best performer for the T1. But I wander how that could perform better than the WA 5 LE? It doesn't seem possible. What am I missing? Or did I misunderstand the email I got from Woo?

I've also come across another amp that looks very interesting. I know it's new but is there anyone with any opinion or experience with the RudiStor RP030 amp? I'm curious as to the differences between the WA2 and the RP030. Even if you've not heard the RP030 I'd still enjoy hearing your thoughts about differences between RudiStor and Woo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back