Need advice : AKG K3003 or UM Merlin or UM Miracle
Oct 2, 2012 at 11:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

king8888

500+ Head-Fier
Recently, I have been considering to buy the Heir Audio 8A but unfortunately I cant find any audiologist in Las Vegas for the ear impressions and the price is a bit expensive. Therefore, I'm planning to get a 2nd K3003 or UM Merlin or UM Miracle in Australia this December.

Any suggestions? Should I get a high end universal IEM or a CIEM from UM? I have seen many review complaint that K3003 is very overprice due to it's performance, is it right? When the K3003 change the filters, will it change the sound signature a lot ?

My preference is a warm signature + bass has a bit quanity (no need too much, well controlled is fine) + neutral mid.

Thanks

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #4 of 15
Mmmm I understand.
I think if you don't have fit problems, buy a custom. Merlin is very indicated, but I can't comment about the sound signature. Good luck! :)

Oct 3, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:
Mmmm I understand.
I think if you don't have fit problems, buy a custom. Merlin is very indicated, but I can't comment about the sound signature. Good luck!
smily_headphones1.gif

I have read a lot of reviews of the Merlin and the Miracle, these 2 really catch my attention. But I'm indecisive about these 3 IEM.
Quote:

Too bright and thin? I'm assuming the ER-4S must sound non-existent if the PFE232 is thin sounding

Maybe I just dont like the 232 sound. Srr

Oct 3, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:
Is the k3003 really that overpriced?

For what it does, many find it to be overpriced. Without a doubt, it's a great IEM, I just couldn't see myself paying that much for a universal.

From what I remember... Merlin= Bass emphasis, mids and treble fairly neutral. Miracle= Fairly linear, maybe a slight mids boost.

Oct 3, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

For what it does, many find it to be overpriced. Without a doubt, it's a great IEM, I just couldn't see myself paying that much for a universal.

From what I remember... Merlin= Bass emphasis, mids and treble fairly neutral. Miracle= Fairly linear, maybe a slight mids boost.

According to my friend, he said that Miracle's mid is recessed, not much boost as you said

Mar 16, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:
I have decided to give the K3003 a shot. Thank you everyone for helping me.

[size=11pt]Good for you! I'm waiting for mine. Please let us know what you think!? I wouldn't worry much about the complaints of some reviewers. I did, had no plans to even try it, then by chance listened to it and just had to order it. Gosh, can’t wait to get my AKG K3003!
ksc75smile.gif
[/size]

Mar 17, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:
Great! Let us know what you think of them.

[size=medium]It hasn’t been delivered to me yet, but I’ve had it in my ears for a few hours, and that was enough for me to say it was the most fulfilling headphone I’ve heard so far ([/size][size=medium]my current headphones here[/size][size=medium]). Eventually I’ll write a review in the review section. Despite some critical voices, I feel the AKG K3003 deserves a listen by anyone looking for a high-end reference UIEM.[/size]

Mar 17, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #15 of 15
I'm pretty sure this will be my next earphone - not interested in customs. But my CD player just went on the fritz :frowning2: so I better get that sorted first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back