Need a smaller amp to replace Melos... help please
Feb 17, 2004 at 4:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dngl

He'd rather show hisbuns than wear fur.
OK I've had my Melos for quite some time and I really do like it. However, I've found that it's inconvenient to have a giant amp and a giant CDP at college so i'm looking to use my laptop as a transport and get a messenger bag sized DAC and amp. The DAC's probably going to be a modded DIO (sigh... until I can afford a Bel Canto). Now I need help on the amp. It would preferably be about the size of a Gilmore V2.

Now, has anyone heard the Gilmore V2 and the Melos with etys? do they compare? are there other amps that might fit my needs?

Don't jerk my chain here. I got the DIO after all the hype and it isn't even equivalent to my SCD-333ES which is like a B/B+ redbook player let alone higher end CDPs and DACs.

Feb 17, 2004 at 6:13 PM Post #2 of 4
Hmmm. The Grace 901 has an 8.5" x 8.5" footprint, and has a built in DAC.
wink.gif

-Ed

Feb 17, 2004 at 6:28 PM Post #3 of 4
The Gilmore V2 is an absolutely lovely combination with the Etys, I use it at work. I haven't heard it with the Melos and I would think the Melos will sound differently depending on the tubes you use, so I'm not sure I can be much help there.
frown.gif

Feb 17, 2004 at 10:33 PM Post #4 of 4
i have owned both .
the melos with great tubes would be better .
I think the gilmore V2 would be good for your needs l or save a few $$ with the gilmore lite..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back