Need a portable can with soundstage
Apr 9, 2005 at 3:28 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by PlanetGranite
Jonoh, thanks for the reply.

Size is not a huge issue since I will be stationary for a majority of my listening. I'm just trying to be honest with myself in that there isn't enough room in my book bag for a set of circum-aural cans. Hence the reason for the supra-aural size limit.

I'm not expecting a huge out of head stage, but what I really miss while I listen at school is the ability to close my eyes and imagine the stage in front of me. I.E., guitar1 far stage left, bassist stage left, drums stage rear center, vocal stage front center, keybord stage right, guitar2 far stage right. Etc, Etc.

Cool, in this case you are good to go. You should be able to find something you like.

Apr 9, 2005 at 10:56 AM Post #17 of 21
Are you concerned with things like isolation and sound leakage? Spacious soundstage is usually found on open headphones. If the sound leakage is not a problem try some Grados. SR-80 fit your budget and their soundstaging is not at all bad for a 100 USD pair of phones. They don't fold but the earpieces rotate to make them flat, so they take little space in the bag.

Apr 9, 2005 at 6:59 PM Post #18 of 21
blr - Not worried about isolation or leakage, so open cans are certainly up for consideration.

Thanks for all the replies so far everyone.
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2005 at 8:44 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by PDream
Why did nobody mention the PX100 or PX200?

Probably because of the non-existant soundstage and mediocre imaging.

I would also not recommend the Grados in your price range for soundstaging.

jesse

Apr 10, 2005 at 2:30 AM Post #21 of 21
If you can strech your budget, the Audio Technica CM7 has OK soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back