Need a no Leakage Headphone for work (have AKG K240 Studio)
Apr 2, 2012 at 6:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

RasmusDC

New Head-Fier
I am not an Audiophile, meaning i do not work with sound professionally.

I do use a bit of time on sound, and at my old job at Bang & Olufsen worked a lot around people that worked professional with it.

I tend to love good Treble and a Precise bass, not a soft bass, so im still in love with my Beolab 5´s and Dali Fazon F5 full size speakers.

I have at the moment a set of AKG K240 Studio (the old version), and i do actually love them, they have great sound, and the bass i plenty for me. but the leak quite a lot of sound, its not an issue at home, but at work its simply to much.

Tried In Ears, and i simply do not like them, and i need some isolation from an open office.

I would like the same sound as the K240´s but im not sure i willing to invest the same sum of money again, so i have been searching the marked a bit (prices might differ from yours, i live in Denmark, but shop at www.Thorman.DE)

at the moment im looking at the

Shure SRH440 that cost aprox. 60-70 EUR

Audio Technica ATH-M50 140-150 EUR
Audio Technica ATH-Pro700MKII DJ 140-150EUR
AKG K550 - 150EUR.

or a CHEAP

Superlux HD-669 30 Eur.

I feel my budget is closest to the SRH440, but will they fit my demand? or are there better alternatives.

it would be fun with a bit more bass, but tried a mates Dr. Dre Beats from Monster, the expensive pair, and i would not want to own a Headphone that focus´s that much on bass and that little on the rest. (well that comment is based on a very short listen, so i do not have a larger knowledge of the Beats)

never tried any of them, and sinces i have no way of doing it, i simply need to trust reviews, and much admit that they are all over the place on both shure and Superlux, some are good som are really bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back