Need a little help with TripleFi 10s.
Oct 6, 2010 at 1:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ProjectDenz

Headphoneus Supremus
I have $299AUD store credit at Headphonic so I need to buy something and thought about these. They cost $369AUD. http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=310.

First question: I have medium sized canals (I always use medium sized silicone tips on iems) and I am a bit worried about their inherent fit issue, are my medium sized canals enough to comfortably wear these without them falling out or even being able to fit them in my ears at all?

Second question: I already own the IE8 and RE0, is getting the TripleFi 10 worth it since I already have these, or am I only getting something that is similar in sound and not worth shelling out $369 out for?

I am also open to any suggestions from that site I posted.

Cheers in advance.

Oct 6, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #3 of 9
Fitment isn't really an issue,  It's simply that you can't deeply insert the tips.  This can make a fit rhat stays in the ear well more difficult.  The newer sets at least come with Comply tips stock, so it's easier than before.  Half the trouble will be getting the memory wire shaped correctly to have the earphone physically sit in the correct orientation in the ear for easy and comfortable fitment.  That may take a little time.

They offer a unique sound versus the IE8 an RE0.  That should be obvious from reviews.

Oct 6, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #4 of 9
I too have medium sized canals and I haven't had a problem with them falling out.

Using Sony Hybrid tips I do find that I'm occasionally trying to push them in deeper (especially when I'm walking) to get that deeper bass sound, as they tend to lose their seal.  I think though that my own canals are differently sized from one another.  My plan is to make some home molds (Radian Custom Molds) and maybe get some Comply T500 tips -- I'm hoping that both will be solutions to my own seal problem, and would probably be enough to insure that they stay in your ear.

I can't answer the second question personally, but from what I've read, I think that it'll be obviously different sound signature, particularly from the RE0..

Oct 6, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #7 of 9
I've heard the T/TX series give the TF10s better bass, but does it affect the clarity at all?

Oct 7, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
I've heard the T/TX series give the TF10s better bass, but does it affect the clarity at all?

In my opinion it makes everythign smoother.  The clarity is still there.  It may bring the sparkle down by a very small margin, but for me it was the best sq.  The only other tips I liked to use on the TF10 was my Sony Hybrids which I filled with old complys.  This retained the sparkle and gave my a comply fit.  The bass was nto as good though.

Oct 8, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #9 of 9
I like my IE8s, but I love my Shure SE530s. They not only sound more neutral, but also its clarity is the closest thing I've gotten to listening to vocals live. Sadly if they're too expensive over there (and they do suffer from durability issues) I think the TripleFis are a great bet. I'm planning to buy those myself even if I already own the IE8 and SE530. Basically its chicken or beef. You just gotta love whichever suits you. My personal preference goes to Shure though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back