Need a bit of advice on the Future Sonics Atrio
Sep 29, 2010 at 7:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ruudy

New Head-Fier
Hi all this is my first post.

I am looking for my first set of good headphones and i have seen a set of Future Sonics Atrio on the for sale forum and was wondering what you guys think of these as they seem to be a very good deal as they are very hard to find in the uk.
I have searched through many post on them and they seem to be very good as they seem to be the king of bass.
Do you think i should buy these or are there better options.

Thanks in advance for any advice as any help will be much appreciated.

Sep 29, 2010 at 8:17 AM Post #2 of 8
I have owned both the Atrio and Sennheiser IE8 and from this experience I can infer that the Atrios are not the best bass kings among IEMs that people make it out to be (IE8 does it a lot better at a premium price though).

IMO the Atrios only do bass well and are quite average on the mids and highs. If you are a basshead on a budget that is willing to sacrifice some detail for more bass then they are for you, but if you want more detail then there are better options for the price.

tl;dr - Willing to sacrifice some details in the mids and highs for more bass, then go for it.

Sep 29, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #3 of 8
Atrio is worthy to be the king of bass simply because it can do rumbling sub-80Hz without a bump in the 150Hz, and none other IEM I have heard could do bass with that same kind of quality / linearity. That is however, quite a few other can do a fat bass. It is not that hard to have a mid bass bump. I do agree that what Atrio lacks is good detail. If it could have just a little bit more mid and treble, it would have been a great IEM. That being said, Atrio is still very good for a more laid back listening. If you want more detail, Radius DDM is the better choice. However, the new Atrio with MG7 driver is coming soon, so all bets are off on how the new one will sound.

Sep 29, 2010 at 10:27 AM Post #4 of 8
Totally agree, however I just found from my own trials that the IE8 handles bass better...but that would not be fair to directly compare due to price tag difference.

Even though I paid $220 for my IE8s (used of course) and $299 for the Atrios (new)

Sep 29, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #6 of 8
Thanks for all the advice guys, i like the look of the IE8 but my budget won't stretch to that right now. So it seems the Atrio sound good they are the V2 and he wants £75 shipped which seems like a good deal.

Sep 29, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #7 of 8
Australian market for headphones is shocking, I know. Either way they came to me defected (left earpiece was split after 4 days use) so I returned it to the retailer and now trying to get store credit/refund.

Sep 29, 2010 at 11:43 AM Post #8 of 8
Tell me about it! I spent most of 2006 in Sydney myself
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back