Need a 6.3mm to 3.5mm plug that is like this...
Dec 21, 2004 at 5:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

AndyD2k

100+ Head-Fier
http://www.audiocubes.com/category/A...Mini_Plug.html

I can't seem to locate one for the size I need (6.3 to 3.5). I just got done installing my new pc speakers (Klipsch Promedia) and noticed that I can't plug in my headphones into the control unit because of the thickness of the plug that came with my Sennheiser HD 555. I bought the Klipch specifically because of the convenience of plugging in my headphones through the ccontrol unit instead of disconnecting / reconnecting everytime the other is needed.
frown.gif

Dec 21, 2004 at 5:46 AM Post #2 of 8
Grado Adaptor

I would advise against plugging your headphones into the speakers jack though. Try it and see how it works, but generally computer speaker jacks have a fair amount of noise.

I think Radioshack also sells an adaptor, but I am not sure about the quality. The Grado one works well.

Dec 21, 2004 at 9:28 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by bg4533
Grado Adaptor

I would advise against plugging your headphones into the speakers jack though. Try it and see how it works, but generally computer speaker jacks have a fair amount of noise.

I think Radioshack also sells an adaptor, but I am not sure about the quality. The Grado one works well.

Wrong kind, buddy. He's looking for 1/8" to 1/4", not the inverse. Fortunately, Radio shack carries small gold versions of these. They have no cable, it's all one piece. Radio shack typically carries two kinds - one kind is the crappy Radio Shack kind, it's sorta nickel-colored and it's got a black plastic body that is hexagonal I think. There's another kind that looks identical to the ones that come with the lower-end Grados. The whole thing (no plastic) is gold-plated. One of those should work fine. Do not get one of the ones with the hexagonal black plastic bodies in the center - they are terrible quality and actually cause impedance and degration of the signal. (I have two, one of them is actually gold-plated, but is just as crappy)

Dec 21, 2004 at 9:35 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
Wrong kind, buddy. He's looking for 1/8" to 1/4", not the inverse. Fortunately, Radio shack carries small gold versions of these. They have no cable, it's all one piece. Radio shack typically carries two kinds - one kind is the crappy Radio Shack kind, it's sorta nickel-colored and it's got a black plastic body that is hexagonal I think. There's another kind that looks identical to the ones that come with the lower-end Grados. The whole thing (no plastic) is gold-plated. One of those should work fine. Do not get one of the ones with the hexagonal black plastic bodies in the center - they are terrible quality and actually cause impedance and degration of the signal. (I have two, one of them is actually gold-plated, but is just as crappy)

Actually, I am pretty sure I am right and you are wrong. From what I see the HD555 has a 1/4" plug. The jack on the Klipschs that he linked to is a 1/8" jack. Therefore he needs an adaptor like the Grado I pointed out.

Dec 21, 2004 at 11:57 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032

Actually Bg4533 was right
smily_headphones1.gif
What he pointed out was exactly what I was looking for. I'm just going to have to wait till I need to order something from Amazon to get free shipping as I rather not spend $20 on an audio adapter.

I went to Radio Shack today and didn't really see anything that would be of help. All they really had were extenders. I don't want to use multiple adapters as the cord is much longer than I would like.

Dec 22, 2004 at 2:31 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by bg4533
Actually, I am pretty sure I am right and you are wrong. From what I see the HD555 has a 1/4" plug. The jack on the Klipschs that he linked to is a 1/8" jack. Therefore he needs an adaptor like the Grado I pointed out.

Didn't know the HD555 had a 1/4" plug. D'oh. OK.

Anyway, his original post had what I specified, so that's what I went for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back