NBA Playoffs 09
May 25, 2009 at 10:18 AM Post #136 of 258
Whoa whoa whoa lutwey, did you put melo in the same conversation as lebron and kobe? Kobe can be a baby and a bad teammate(not a particular fan) but you can't take away his talent and his desire to win more than anything else. Lebron is a good teammate, and same thing talent and desire to win are unquestionable. Melo on the other hand you can question his talent compared to those two, and his desire to win compared to any other player in the nba. Melo is definitely improving and maturing(took him long enough), but he's got a long way to go as a person and a player before he's near those guys. The main credit for the success of the nuggets belongs to billups, even if melo is their "star." So the kobe and lebron debate will go on for a long time, throwing wade in there makes some sense too. But let's not give melo too much credit yet, he has not earned the benefit of the doubt.

Cyberrid I definitely get what your saying, I feel the same way about VC can't respect him and I think melo is the same type. I guess I differ with you on kobe because I respect his competitiveness and his defense(when he has enough energy to do it) even if he is a bad teammate at times.

May 25, 2009 at 10:58 AM Post #137 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberidd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is of course assuming both those teams make it into the finals.

yea i'm starting to have my doubts too. 1-2 for cavs, and one of the loss was at home too. not looking too well for the team with best home record during the season. seems like he got further injured too.

May 25, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #138 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by Makenshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea i'm starting to have my doubts too. 1-2 for cavs, and one of the loss was at home too. not looking too well for the team with best home record during the season. seems like he got further injured too.

I agree with both of you guys. After last night's performance, Magic's 3 pt shooting > LBJ. It would have been 3-0, Magic, if Lebron hadn't hit that clutch 3. My friend has been calling Magic in 6 before the playoffs even started, and I said Magic in 7, but this could even be a 5 game series if the Magic keep hitting shots.

As for the Lakers, I've been a Lakers fan since before I was born, and I will say that at this point, I'm not sure who will win that series because you never know which Laker team will show up that night. If the Lakers make it into the Finals, I am scared of the Magic...

May 26, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #141 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I crazy or has the NBA gotten really soft all of a sudden?

I love lemonheads.

The tech on Walton and the flagrant on Bynum were just ridiculous.

It really is tilting me how soft the league is right now.

May 26, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #144 of 258
Nuggies dominated on the boards!!!

Great game by them to tie up the series!

May 26, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #145 of 258
LOL at everyone that keeps insisting the Lakers have a deep bench just because Odom comes off of it. He is not that versatile despite what some might say. Yes, he is 6'11 and can rebound the ball and then dribble it up the floor, but he cannot shoot/spread the floor, post up, or defend the paint that well. You know, the things that win basketball games.

And after him what makes their bench so deep? Luke Walton? Sasha Vujacic?

I like Shannon Brown and sometimes Jordan Farmar, but those guys are not Jason Terry, Leandro Barbosa, or Paul Millsap.

And when Kobe is not in the game, their ineptness multiplies tenfold. Say what you will about Kobe, but without him those guys wouldn't even be in the playoffs. They would be worse than the Grizzlies when Gasol led them (with Mike Miller, Battier, Stromile Swift, Earl Watson, etc.).

May 26, 2009 at 7:27 AM Post #146 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Absolutely, Stern needs to get this under control.

This is exactly what Stern wants (the potential to go 7 games).

May 26, 2009 at 7:33 AM Post #147 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL at everyone that keeps insisting the Lakers have a deep bench just because Odom comes off of it.

ok maybe they don't. care to enlighten us of a current nba team with a deeper bench? i mean they almost got enough to start another team....

May 26, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #148 of 258
For a bit I thought Phil would sit 24 for the remainder of the 4qt. I be he wished he did. I would go for the jugular if Denver in the next game. Push the ball even more and attack the hole even more.

Quote:

Say what you will about Kobe,

I have foolishly throughout the years but no more. The guy is a stud, and I have attempted to soak up and appreciate him before his time has past.

May 26, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #149 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by Makenshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok maybe they don't. care to enlighten us of a current nba team with a deeper bench? i mean they almost got enough to start another team....

I'll take the Denver bench over the Lakers, easily. Andersen is a great shot blocker/rebounder. JR Smith is instant offense, has all-world athleticism, and could start for most teams in the league. Kleiza is like Carmelo-lite, a big body SF that can score in a variety of ways. Balkman can be used for his hustle and perimeter defense. Anthony Carter provides some good minutes at PG when Billups needs a rest, he doesn't do anything special but doesn't hurt the team either.

I can't agree with Borat on Odom though. Odom is supremely talented. He can do everything on the court. The problem is between his ears; he just finds the worst times to disappear. Bynum looks exactly how a guy should look when he missed almost an entire season, just out of sync and rusty, a step behind. Farmar took a leap backwards this year, I'm still trying to figure that one out after he showed so much promise the year before. Sasha? 1-dimensional shooter, JR Smith will continue to eat his lunch. Luke Walton? He'll get eaten alive by anyone he tries to guard.

Kobe is an incredible player, I have a lot of respect for his game and what he's accomplished. Off the court, not a fan at all, all signs point to him being a genuine turd.

May 26, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #150 of 258
looks like nike/stern's topdogs are in trouble. no offense to orl/den fans. it has to be lbj vs kb in the finals. this might not happen again. this is our magic/bird jordan/barkley. if not atleast melo vs bron and not "michael jordan of turkey" vs kb/or melo or superman vs the ever developmental bynum.

btw shout out to trevor ariza....aka the poor man's scottie pippen. the 3rd best player in la just behind kb and pau

i agree with floyd expect for LK=melo lite......... an accidental overstatement, perhaps?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back