Nascar is back, baby!
Feb 20, 2007 at 2:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

daycart1

Ceremonial old guy, bifocals and all.All the philosophy he can muster can't solve the mysterious double-post.
Anyone else bummed out that Mark Martin got pipped at the finish line? That would've been a great career climax for an old guy!
I'd like to see what Montoya would do with a good car....

Feb 20, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #2 of 7
Haha, I used to be a Nascar fan a few years ago. The Daytona race has been the top story in sports/racing all day.
biggrin.gif
Good stuff, though I personally think Martin should have won. Bah, he has had way too many 2nd-place finishes.

People are saying this exciting finish is going to bring Nascar back and get some new fans. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be too optimistic. Critics have pointed out that the chances of something so exciting happening is too slim for a serious new generation of fans to grow. It's probably true.

Feb 20, 2007 at 4:44 AM Post #3 of 7
It dosnt matter if the Daytona 500 has the best race EVER, it will not entertain new fans, for weeks, or months after.

It would be the same if the Super Bowl was held in week one of football, and then the weeks after, became games that were used to factor, who gets to play in the Pro Bowl lol

The Daytona 500 is great, but they somehow need to make the last race just as entertaining. The new points system helps, but its not enough.

Its not the Daytona 500's fault, for being too enjoyable, as the 1st race, that it hinders the rest. I think its how the sport is managed.

Like, having the last race of the season, brought back to Daytona, and having only X amount of racers take part.

Feb 20, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #4 of 7
I've been a MM fan for at least 10-12 years now. Would definately be awesome to see him retire with a cup finish. Interestingly, my wife was up in Tahoe this last weekend with her parents and she called me to ask if i wanted to place any bets on the race, so I told her if she bet anything, to put it on Mark. He was at 40/1 ... Dang... almost had $200
blink.gif

Feb 21, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #5 of 7
My opinion is a hungry racer would have moved Harvick up and prevented him from having the preferred line...... just my opinion.

Feb 21, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #6 of 7
Usually that would be right, but then MM is one of the cleanest racers ever in Nascar.

Feb 21, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #7 of 7
Mark was hosed, thats all there is to it. Other than that Im very excited about this year. The rookie field, the car of tomorrow, 12 to be in the chase. I still cant believe that the cot will preview at Bristol!!!! Watch out!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back