nano 6g impression
Sep 19, 2010 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 129

wazzupi

Headphoneus Supremus
Watercooler Travel Team
Pulling out the Head-Fi muscle
nano 6g is amazing...... I'm sorry but it blows all my mp3 players away the biggest difference I have to say is instrument separation,soundstage,detail just outperforms any dap I have ever heard *ipod classic/samsung p3/zune hd/ipod touch*. I love it I need to test it with an amp but thats another time. to explain in a nutshell fast, forward, dynamic, a little edgy, has great depth  just lacks bass but hopefully the headstage arrow can fix that i'll edit with reviews of the headstage arrow+nano later but I am impressed I don't think I'm looking for a new dap for a while waiting on my jh-3a+16 >__< maybe someone can help me with a netbook selection going to need it with my m2tech hiface >_<.  I tested the nano with ath-es10/re0.

Sep 19, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #3 of 129
nope :p but it surprised me XD. I didn't say it was the best dap... just really good imo. At least better then the ipod classic/ipod touch/samsung p3/zune hd thats all I've actually owned at one point and I can't say I've ever heard such detail and clarity from a dap like the nano.

Sep 19, 2010 at 1:54 PM Post #4 of 129
No offense, but I wouldn't exactly call the DAPs you've listened to exceptional or great even in terms of sound quality. And yes, you did say it was the best, you said this "I'm sorry but it blows all mp3 players away."

Glad you're diggin the nano though

Sep 19, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #5 of 129
yeah it blew all my mp3 players the ones listed in my impresssion but I've never listened through any of these daps rockbox sansa fuze/s:flo/cowon j3/hm 801/602/qls 350/mr-1/ imod/whiplash twag ipods those are all supposedly very  good daps but I'd say the nano is a great dap for what it is. never did I mention it was the best only from what I've heard and it's not alot of daps nor are they very good daps according to what's out there.

Sep 19, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #7 of 129

Quote:
nano 6g is amazing...... I'm sorry but it blows all mp3 players away the biggest difference I have to say is instrument separation,soundstage,detail just outperforms any dap I have ever heard *ipod classic/samsung p3/zune hd/ipod touch*. I love it I need to test it with an amp but thats another time. to explain in a nutshell fast, forward, dynamic, a little edgy, has great depth  just lacks bass but hopefully the headstage arrow can fix that i'll edit with reviews of the headstage arrow+nano later but I am impressed I don't think I'm looking for a new dap for a while waiting on my jh-3a+16 >__< maybe someone can help me with a netbook selection going to need it with my m2tech hiface >_<.  I tested the nano with ath-es10/re0.

Quote:
nope :p but it surprised me XD. I didn't say it was the best dap... just really good imo. At least better then the ipod classic/ipod touch/samsung p3/zune hd thats all I've actually owned at one point and I can't say I've ever heard such detail and clarity from a dap like the nano.

Quote:
I take it you've heard every DAP on the planet.

I gotta agree w/you guys, especially since you DID say it's the best - period. The only 1 it might be better than is the Zune. The others all sound better - I would know, I have or have access to all of them. An from what I'm hearing, it may sound good, but it's not THAT GOOD. Via an LOD>Amp setup it's probably great - but through the HP out it's just OK.

And w/Rockbox installed in most DAP's the SQ is way better than stock iPod - all of them.

Sep 20, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #8 of 129
Wow, this person must have listened all ipods including new nano and touch! 
smily_headphones1.gif
   Common guys, seriously.. does it offend you anyway when someone falls in love with something you hate?  Not like you shorted on apple stocks or anything..

Quote:

I gotta agree w/you guys, especially since you DID say it's the best - period. The only 1 it might be better than is the Zune. The others all sound better - I would know, I have or have access to all of them. An from what I'm hearing, it may sound good, but it's not THAT GOOD. Via an LOD>Amp setup it's probably great - but through the HP out it's just OK.

And w/Rockbox installed in most DAP's the SQ is way better than stock iPod - all of them.

Sep 20, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #11 of 129
I'm sorry but the nano drives my ath-es10 better than my desktop/compass/ath-es10 it just sounds so much better I don't know how to make sense of it.... but my dt880 sound better through my compass >_< I must be going crazy.

Sep 21, 2010 at 9:25 AM Post #12 of 129
I like the aesthetics of the Nano 6G.

I'd probably buy one but I just can't be arsed with iTunes.

Sep 22, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #14 of 129
I can't speak personally on the distortion, but I have noticed something different with the new Nano EQ.  Typically when you turn the EQ on to any setting, there is some kind of a boost in volume.  Some slight, some fairly significant.  What I have noticed with this new Nano is it's just the opposite.  There is significantly more volume with the EQ OFF. 

This little sucker really does put out a decent amount of power.  Looking on the Apple website I see no real specs on these units.  Does anyone know what the DAC is and what kind of power it puts out? 

Quote:
Hello all! Just curious... does the 6g Nano have the same EQ as what's available via the iOS4 upgrade for the Touch? That would mean no distortion.

Sep 22, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #15 of 129
Thank you! That's the answer. Dropping frequencies (thus lowering volume) to EQ is exactly what the iOS4 implementation did to eliminate distortion. I'll be checking out the new Nano soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back