Naim Source in a Non-Naim system
Mar 11, 2008 at 5:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

wower

1000+ Head-Fier
I keep describing my sound and people keep coming back with NAIM. I'm just wondering, for other naim owners or audio-aficionados out there, is there a preformance hit when using the RCA connects rather than NAIM's DIN system? I know the DINs are a technically superior connect but I was wondering about using a NAIM CDP in a Non-Naim system. Am I ruining something good, setting myself up for disappointment.

Mar 11, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by wower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I keep describing my sound and people keep coming back with NAIM. I'm just wondering, for other naim owners or audio-aficionados out there, is there a preformance hit when using the RCA connects rather than NAIM's DIN system? I know the DINs are a technically superior connect but I was wondering about using a NAIM CDP in a Non-Naim system. Am I ruining something good, setting myself up for disappointment.

DIN is only superior in the sense that it is mostly self-cleaning, on the other hand they are a royal pain in the derriere to solder if you break one. My first proper amplifier a 1984 A&R Cambridge had DIN for everything except phono inputs, it was a minor annoyance. A&R stopped using DIN shortly after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back