NAD Viso HP50 users, will this songs on YouTube sound good on these headphones?
Feb 6, 2015 at 9:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

BarbecueGamer

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, I'm wondering if songs on YT will sound good on these headphones. The only reason I ask is because I've heard on a couple different occasions that compressed music on YT isn't very forgiving on these particular headphones. Is that true? Because I tend to listen to quite a lot of music on YT. 

Feb 6, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #2 of 6
Any quality headphone that is able to properly resolve musical detail will make badly compressed music sound worse. But what are your options? Use a bad headphone so that all music sounds the same? That's not the right answer.

If you have people saying that the NAD makes youtube sound much worse than another quality headphone in the same price range, I don't buy it. I would probably question the testing methods and experience of the reviewer saying that.

Feb 7, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #4 of 6
It depends. It depends on how the specific video was created and the bandwidth of your connection. It also depends on your definition of "bad". I think you are worrying about this issue too much.

Feb 7, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #5 of 6
  Hello, I'm wondering if songs on YT will sound good on these headphones. The only reason I ask is because I've heard on a couple different occasions that compressed music on YT isn't very forgiving on these particular headphones. Is that true? Because I tend to listen to quite a lot of music on YT. 

Whoever said that something like YouTube would sound bad with specific headphone doesn't have a clue what he talks about, yes it's true that some extremely accurate earphones will show loss of music bit more than some others but it's usually a fairy tale, especially in this case. I used HP50 for a few days and listened to a lot on YouTube - no problems at all.
And nowadays audio is pretty decent on YouTube (on 720+ videos), can't even distinguish it from lossless most of the times, depends how good audio is uploaded on YT.

Feb 7, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #6 of 6
I am rocking the HP50's right now and all the HD Youtube stuff sounds fine. Don't sweat it.

It's not about Youtube at all, it's about how the recording was made. Poorly mastered or overly compressed music will sound bad on any cans. You only (irrational) option is, as billybob suggests, to use headphones that are so bad that you can't tell the difference. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back