NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?
Sep 25, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #136 of 3,345
  The bass is not diffuse (i.e. Denon AH-D600) or blurry (i.e. Logitech UE6000), but also not as tight as the M-100 and certainly not as prominent which contributes to their more neutral sound.

You sized that up well, I could almost hear what the HP50 actually sounds like
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #138 of 3,345
and why is this thread so quiet? These cans are very interesting due to the fact that a bonafide speaker maker none less than Paul S. Barton is actually hands on in tuning the sound. Don't people care about this more than typical beats type marketing? I don't get it :)

Oct 8, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #139 of 3,345
had a quick listen, fitwise i prefer the NAD, it cups my ears well...doesnt fall off like the KEFs.
soundwise, hmmm...i prefer it to be clearer, but its fine for small jazz, vocals..pops.

Oct 8, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #142 of 3,345
i prefer it to be "momentum/dt1350 "clearer...i dun find the KEF m500 clear too. 

Oct 9, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #144 of 3,345
I'm definitely going to agree that these don't have the "cleanest" sound out there, they are a little warm to really have that sort of property.  

Oct 9, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #145 of 3,345
  The momentum sounds dark and colored to me. Are you saying that even the momentum is clearer than the m500 and the hp50?

I have a strong preference for the HP50 over Momentum.  I actually consider Momentum a bit harsh and unnatural.  I find vocal and instruments to present in a much more natural way with the HP50.  Resolution is average (I consider resolution of Momentum and HP50 to be comparable), but I find the overall tonality of the HP50 much more pleasing and enjoyable.  I also prefer the HP50's bass presentation to Momentum as I found Momentum to be a bit intrusive and lacking some punch, almost muddy by comparison.  Bass in the HP50 is impressive- not the deepest sub bass necessarily, but tight, punchy and there when called for in the music - nicely impactful in genres like hip hop and pop while still accurately presenting vocals and instrumentation.

Oct 9, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #146 of 3,345
Sorry...dun mean to confuse, I actually wanted my portable to be able to play classical somewhat well...with some clarity/resolution...whilst I m on the road.
I find both the 1350 n momentum to be able to do it ...but not the KEF n Nad...
But if i want to listen to jazz...pops...vocals...yup the latter two will give a more bodacious sound...more bass weight.
Another caveat is...I m just using an iPad...no fancy portable dac amp combo.
Hope that saved my ass....:p

Oct 9, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #147 of 3,345
  I have a strong preference for the HP50 over Momentum.  I actually consider Momentum a bit harsh and unnatural.  I find vocal and instruments to present in a much more natural way with the HP50.  Resolution is average (I consider resolution of Momentum and HP50 to be comparable), but I find the overall tonality of the HP50 much more pleasing and enjoyable.  I also prefer the HP50's bass presentation to Momentum as I found Momentum to be a bit intrusive and lacking some punch, almost muddy by comparison.  Bass in the HP50 is impressive- not the deepest sub bass necessarily, but tight, punchy and there when called for in the music - nicely impactful in genres like hip hop and pop while still accurately presenting vocals and instrumentation.

So would you say that you can listen for longer periods of time with the HP50 without something irritating you? I found that every time I would listen to the Momentum that I didn't like it at first, then got to like it, then began to dislike it again, within a half hour span.

Also, how do you find the HP50 compared to your V-Moda M100?

Oct 9, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #148 of 3,345

So would you say that you can listen for longer periods of time with the HP50 without something irritating you? I found that every time I would listen to the Momentum that I didn't like it at first, then got to like it, then began to dislike it again, within a half hour span.

Yes, exactly.  The HP50 is much less fatiguing and a more relaxed listen for longer periods.

Also, how do you find the HP50 compared to your V-Moda M100?

Prior to switching over to the new M-100 XL pads, I would have said the M-100 was more bass heavy with a less extended high end.  Interestingly with the XL pads on the M-100, I find them uncannily similar in sound and comfort.  I would still say the M-100 bass has a bit more impact and goes a bit deeper while the mids on the HP50 are a bit more forward.

Oct 9, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #149 of 3,345
Thanks!
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back