NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?
Sep 15, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #91 of 3,345
Anyone buy these yet?

Sep 15, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #94 of 3,345

1) nope....

2) absolutely, resolution IMO is same as AKG 550 without sounding too artifical/bright/analytical... very smooth sound signature... Compared to KEF M500/Momentum warm signature, this is a rather 'bright can'....

However, I cannot stress enough about the echoes coming out of the sound when playing some of the more Vocal acoustic passages... it is like a concert hall where swarm of echoes filling the space... however I didnt notice any echoes coming out when playing only instrumental songs or when a vocal is heavily accompanied by instruments at the background, IMO again, this is a make or break deal for some of you folks out there, I can certainly do without the echoes....

They do fold flat. Just look at the photos and the bag it comes in.

Sep 15, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #95 of 3,345
  Yeah its one of the first reviews out there, but he does sound a bit dull.

Using Kenny G for reference material, then saying " But not once did the headphones fool me into thinking that I was listening to a pair of speakers in a room.
It just does not sound the same."....holy crap.

Sep 15, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #97 of 3,345
I am currently in the need for a semi-portal pair, and narrowed it to KEF m500 or NAD HP50. Don;t know what would be the best of them, considering that they both seem t be very comfortable. I like neutral sound and good separation and detail.
Any suggestions or comments ?

Sep 15, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #98 of 3,345

They do fold flat. Just look at the photos and the bag it comes in.

They (the cups) do fold flat indeed, only when you put them against a surface like a table etc. If you hang them in the air, they (the cups) will not stay flat, unless there are something the cans can lean on... the joint that link the headband to the cups prevents them from being totally flat unless they cans have a surface to lean on...

Sep 15, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #99 of 3,345
  Why would the music choice matter in deciding wether or not you think roomfeel works :D

It doesn't...two separate issues there...musical taste and expecting headphones to sound like speakers in a room. Gotta be a strike three in that review somewhere..
biggrin.gif

Sep 16, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #100 of 3,345
We have a time table and an MSRP for the arrival of these headphones in Canada. 

Code:
 The HP50 in Black should arrive Early October, White and Red Early-Mid November - MSRP will be $300

I expect the HP50 to be shown at CEDIA next week in Denver, many dealers, including us, will then place their stock orders. So, realistically, mid October for these headphones in Canada.

Thanks,

Sep 16, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #101 of 3,345
Thanks for the info!
smile.gif

Sep 16, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #102 of 3,345
The KEF M500 are more portable, the sound is a little darker than the NAD.

I am currently in the need for a semi-portal pair, and narrowed it to KEF m500 or NAD HP50. Don;t know what would be the best of them, considering that they both seem t be very comfortable. I like neutral sound and good separation and detail.
Any suggestions or comments ?

Sep 21, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #105 of 3,345
Really? Where?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back