NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?
Sep 11, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #76 of 3,345
OK. I just figured that if a headphone was good at keeping outside noise from getting in, then it's own sound should not be able to get out. Maybe the plastic on the back of the driver cups is thin.

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #77 of 3,345
One more new portable to content with...looking v british..P5 headband !
wait...and Denon styled pads...nice :p
I tot i would like the KEFM500 but i didnt, so this will be my next focus. 

Questions...
1) do the cups fold down flat?

2) The sound, anyone think this can has enough resolution to play classicals reasonably well?

thanks.

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #78 of 3,345
  One more new portable to content with...looking v british..P5 headband !
wait...and Denon styled pads...nice :p
I tot i would like the KEFM500 but i didnt, so this will be my next focus. 

Questions...
1) do the cups fold down flat?

2) The sound, anyone think this can has enough resolution to play classicals reasonably well?

thanks.

1) nope....

2) absolutely, resolution IMO is same as AKG 550 without sounding too artifical/bright/analytical... very smooth sound signature... Compared to KEF M500/Momentum warm signature, this is a rather 'bright can'....

However, I cannot stress enough about the echoes coming out of the sound when playing some of the more Vocal acoustic passages... it is like a concert hall where swarm of echoes filling the space... however I didnt notice any echoes coming out when playing only instrumental songs or when a vocal is heavily accompanied by instruments at the background, IMO again, this is a make or break deal for some of you folks out there, I can certainly do without the echoes....

Sep 11, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #79 of 3,345
the vocals seem to hang in the air longer...?  sounds like i am gonna like it. :p
must find one to listen to soon...
thanks bro.

Sep 12, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #82 of 3,345
  After a few more listens, I would like to balance the book, these are the negatives (IMO)...

1) In order to create the 'room feel', there are 'echoes'... it is like a acoustic concert hall where you are at the last row, the voice sometimes will have waves of echoes behind them. This became very prominent when I listen to 'Rolling in the deep' by Adele, it will not appear the whole song, rather some of the quieter, more acoustic passages... but some of the other songs will not have it at all.... these is a unique feature and CAN be a make a break deal to some.... and you will only notice it ONLY when you give it a serious listen ....

2) These cans CAN isolate outside noise but they do leak, and the leakage is quite bad. If you are alone, you will have no problem blasting the volume, but if you are in a subway/Library and you do not want people to listen to your music, you need to adjust your music to low volume and even then, they still do leak...

However, the sounds that comes of these cans is so good, I am willing to forgive the flaws (for now)... 

1) Was the echoes bad enough that it was a deal breaker for you, or did it sound bad? at what volume was this?

2) Was there a difference in sound when pressing the earpads against each other (closing them) or do they leak just as much as them being off (laying on the table with the cups open)

Sep 13, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #83 of 3,345
  Could I ask why you didnt like the m500's?

its spacious, lush and good enough for jazz, pop...but just not clear enough to handle classicals on my gears....
which happens to be an ipad. :p  But those dt1350 n momentum hav no problem with classicals.

I need my dose of classicals for a good afternoon doze.
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 13, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #84 of 3,345
I can buy them from a store out of france, i just need to know how bad the leakage is, is it just as bad as open cans?
And also how bad the echoes are XD

plz cruel world y u make haeds3tbuy1ngs0h4rd! :frowning2:

Sep 13, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #85 of 3,345
Hey guys, I just went to the headphone shop and audition some of the portable headphones again and gave it a serious listen. And surprise surprise, the echo which I mentioned earlier was present on ALL of the headphones, so I thought okay maybe the echo was from my iphone 4, so I switched my iphone 4 to AK100 , and the echoes were too found in the AK100. Which leads me to conclude that:

The echoes were found in the recording and not on the DAP/headphones, and HP50 resolution was so good even the recording's echoes cannot escape the hp50.

With all things considered, I really do believe Hp50 is the best sounding portable headphone I have auditioned. That includes the KEF500, momentum, spirit one focal which I considered to be the upper tier of the portable headphones.

Sep 13, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #87 of 3,345
That echo XD

pretty funny actually :p

Btw: i still havent made up my mind if i want the mad dogs or the nad viso, not sure if my xonar phoebus sound card would do the mad dogs justice, the ''portables'' would probably give me better sound :xf_eek:

Sep 14, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #88 of 3,345
Hey guys, just found this review: http://news.asiaone.com/news/digital1/headphones-review-nad-viso-hp50

I'm a bit confused at the: ''value for money'' and alot of reviewers seem to complain about the bass.

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #89 of 3,345
  Hey guys, just found this review: http://news.asiaone.com/news/digital1/headphones-review-nad-viso-hp50

I'm a bit confused at the: ''value for money'' and alot of reviewers seem to complain about the bass.

The reviewer sounds like a total knobhead..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back