NAD C541i or Arcam CD62?
Sep 5, 2003 at 9:38 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by Canman
My opinion: Sell the HP4. Now you have ~$2500 to spend. Buy a new Singlepower Supra ($1000), NOS tubes (say $200), and a really nice CD player on Audiogon for around $1000. The Arcam FMJ CD23 is a good choice for around that price. You might even have money left over for a great pair of interconnects.

You now have a fantastic amp but the Source is just as and perhaps more important than the amplifier. The setup above will sound fantastic with all your headphones.

That's probably a better approach, I agree with Canman.

Sep 6, 2003 at 11:25 AM Post #19 of 24
It looks like that Australia is the heaven for NAD lovers!!
280smile.gif

Sep 7, 2003 at 1:30 AM Post #21 of 24
The C542 is a direct replacement for the 541i, and it intended to hit the exact same price point. The $699 retail price is undoubtedly an Australian price. (equivalent of 280 GBP or 450 USD), so yes Australia IS a heaven for NAD lovers.)
smily_headphones1.gif

Perhaps
this was what Stymie Miasma saw?)

It's just started shipping and reviews are likely to start trickling in, but Aussies have been able to buy it since August.

What's the price on the Arcam CD73?

Sep 7, 2003 at 4:02 AM Post #22 of 24
Here are two brands that is resonablely priced in Australia:

NAD and Marantz, but NAD is even better than Marantz.

Arcam, Musical Fidelity and Cyrus are all overpriced - perhaps becasue the importers want to buy Holden Monaro or something....
mad.gif

But the price for NAD's S Series is not very attractive, perhaps due to small (in fact VERY small) demand.

Sep 8, 2003 at 12:10 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by tktran
The C542 is a direct replacement for the 541i, and it intended to hit the exact same price point. The $699 retail price is undoubtedly an Australian price. (equivalent of 280 GBP or 450 USD), so yes Australia IS a heaven for NAD lovers.)
smily_headphones1.gif

Perhaps
this was what Stymie Miasma saw?)

Yes, that's the website - I can't believe I didn't notice is was Australian! Oh the shame - I have only been over here for 6 months and already I have become brainwashed
rolleyes.gif

Sep 8, 2003 at 2:52 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by tktran

What's the price on the Arcam CD73?

RRP is about the same or less than the CD62 - $1300ish.

I got a better deal on mine though
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back