NAD 541 vs. MMF-CD25?
Jun 13, 2003 at 6:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

TimSchirmer

Repelling digital infidels. (Would that be called the Digifadah?)
Has anyone here had a chance to hear both of these? I am currently looking for a new redbook cd player around 400$ new or used. Upsampling is not required. I might also consider older stuff as long as it was made after 1995 or so. If anyone has heard the nad and the music hall, please post your impressions.

Jun 14, 2003 at 12:01 PM Post #2 of 9
I've not heard either so maybe I shouldn't post, but both have had good reviews. One thing to consider is that the Music Hall player can be upgraded ( www.underwoodhifi.com ) to make it a much better player at a later date. Something to consider if your planning on keeping it for a while.

Jun 15, 2003 at 8:43 PM Post #4 of 9
Get the MMF, save your money on the NAD.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 15, 2003 at 11:35 PM Post #5 of 9
Another thread that would benefit from a "?" at the end of the title.
rolleyes.gif
I was really hoping for a comparison of the two players.

Jude liked the Music Hall a little bit more than he liked the NAD. I really like the Music Hall (better than the Arcam CD72T), though I have never heard the NAD.

Jun 16, 2003 at 10:25 PM Post #6 of 9
I like my nad, however it can get just a tad, and I mean just a tad bright at times, that's my only complaint about it. I haven't heard the music hall but I wish someone would do a side by side because I've been waiting for on since before I bought the nad. for the price I think it's a steal, yawa online had a damaged box deal on them awhile ago, if I were you I would check to see if they still have it, the one I got had a ding in the box about the size of a dime.

Jun 17, 2003 at 2:33 AM Post #7 of 9
You say your NAD is bright?
What cables are you using?
If you're not already, get some good quality solid core copper cables from AudioQuest, Clarity Labs, Harmonic Technology, Maple Audio, Acoustic Zen, etc. They'll work wonders on that screechy high end.
biggrin.gif

The Music Hall walks all over the NAD in every department. Worth snapping it up if you ever come across a deal again.

Jun 21, 2003 at 10:06 PM Post #8 of 9
Theres one in the gear for sale forum for 325.00.(Music Hall CD25)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back