N00b looking to buy in ear earbuds for under 30
Sep 22, 2011 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

batty13690

New Head-Fier
Hey guys im new to head-fi, have read a lot of different threads tho. I own a pair of sennheiser hd 280 pros but they are bulky with a 10 foot long cord. Im looking for the best earbuds I can get under 30 USD preferably from ebay because I have 16 ebay bucks :D  However, I would be willing to wait until my birthday in December to get a higher budget. I was looking at a pair of skullcandy ink'd (yes yes i know skullcandy :\) but their lifetime warranty is really tempting seeing as how I break earbuds that i get for >5 in 2 or 3 months. Please advise :D

Sep 22, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #2 of 12
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-195-iems-compared-fischer-audio-fa-788-skullcandy-smokin-added-9-17-11 pretty awesome thread. 

also, consider the ADDiem's apple's dual driver model headphones, if u can find them somewhere for around $30, usually its fairly likely.

Sep 26, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #7 of 12

Quote:
What I was thinking: get either the brainwavz proalpha or m1, OR wait until december and spend around 50-90 bucks then. What do you think?

honestly you should try to get the cc51s at no matter what cost...even steal them if you have to

Sep 26, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #8 of 12
I read about the cc51 but many had problems with the bass, and despite being a bass-lover, I wouldn't want to sacrifice the detail. Others also said there are better options in the price range (50 on amazon in the US). Any other suggestions?

Sep 26, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #10 of 12

Quote:
what about the  Klipsch IMAGE S4 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphones? 56.19+free shipping on amazon. How's the sound quality, isolation, build quality,and warranty?

Isolation is good. Sound quality is bass driven with mediocre treble. Build quality is semi-decent but the wires are very thin and it requires "babying" if you don't want them to break every couple months. Warranty is two years and they don't ask questions. Pretty good if you're into bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back