Mylarone X3-XB???
Sep 8, 2007 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

Sorry i am new to this forum and proberly this topic has come up loads. I have searched but cant find any topics on it.

What is better the X3 or Xb's.

Also are there any differences in the accesories etc?

Thanks

NOTE: YOU CAN VOTE FOR MORE THAN ONE OPTION IN THE POLL, AFTER ALL THAT IS THE IDEA OF IT.

ALSO STATE IF YOU VOTE "EVERYTHING ELSE" WHATS BETTER WITH THAT EARPHONE.

THANKS

Sep 8, 2007 at 3:05 PM Post #2 of 13
Probably a stupid question...... but have you perhaps tried searching through the Mylar X3/Xb 'owners club' thread at all? I think that you should find plenty of information there..

Sep 8, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #6 of 13
I prefer the sound of the X3, its more balanced and less bass-bloated. Its better at revealing details above ~400Hz.

The XB is much bassier with its boost below ~200 Hz.

Construction is different though. The x3 is all plastic except for the colored ring. The XB however is all aluminum and jsut "feels" like a more expensive piece of gear.

The cables are thin-feeling on both.

Sep 8, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1012007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok are they average ie can you get better or are they just the same as other "top tips"

I would consider them (X3) the best in their price range if you need some isolation, high portability and don't want an earclip, streetstyle or headbanded headphone.

Sep 11, 2007 at 1:17 PM Post #11 of 13
Initially I swear by X3... then some weeks later, XB got the upper hand... I just have so much fun interchanging between the 2, and I seem to be hearing different but both nice renditions of most every cd or mp3 I plays.

X3 just a little more analytical, and XB a little more musical and fun. Both winners I feel. From both, I am hearing details comparable to DT990.

Contrary to the many mentions of build quality, I have got Mylarone Classic, X3 and XB and been using them most everyday... and "Touch wood", I have not had any problems with any of them and they are very, very well burnt-in and always performs best with a efficient amp driving them. (I've tried them with the Beyerdynamic A1 (wow!), and now I make do with my Cute Beyond (on low gain mode) which does the duty rather very well, I must say.
etysmile.gif

I have given the classic to my nephew, while the X3 and XB are taking much of my time from DT990 and MS-1, as they are so easy to wear.

About the aesthetics, I much prefer the XB look and build and also it fits so much better for my ears, I just pop it into my ears and they'll stay much better, maybe due to the slight metallic weight.
cool.gif

Oh ya, I prefer the translucent tips which came with the Mylarone Classic. I felt the best isolation and fuller body sound with them, and the bass has pretty much stayed the same all these months. Cheers.

Sep 16, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #12 of 13
The XB is bloated, veiled and overpriced. My ep630's have the same amount of detail and more realistic sound. I haven't heard the X3, but if it has less bass than the XB it probably sounds like the much cheaper ep630. I do like the soundstage on the XB though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back