My Yuin PK3s are worn out. Please your advice on another inexpensive earbud replacement.
Jan 5, 2015 at 7:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

trollin863

Head-Fier
I thought the PK3s were great while they were working but got a year and a half out of them of daily use cant complain. Should I get another pair of PK3s? They are about 37 dollars... Or any other earbuds with at least the 120 db sensitivity that the PK3s had would be great... Im open to suggestions... I really like deep low clean bass. I grew up with an 18 inch sub in the back of my truck :)

Also please give me your opinion on the ClarityOne eb110s they are only 8.99 right now online, may be a reason they are so cheap but seems like the EB's were over 100 bucks when they first come out from research I did. The EBs have less sensitivity though (110db) but for that cheap... dunno though if theyre in the same league as the yuins? Also would like your feedback on the Baldoor EarBell E100, the Blox earbuds and the HiSoundAudio Paa1 Pro.... whatever has the deepest cleanest bass. I know thats not what earbuds are made for but whatever can hit the low notes the best while still having some decent mids highs

Appreciate the help

Jan 5, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #3 of 4
Most people buy an IEM(in the ear canal isolating earphone) to get good bass. There are a number of good inexpensive IEMs that have good bass. Most companies have stopped making higher quality traditional earbuds. The weaknesses of traditional earbuds is that they tend to have weak bass and fall out of the ears much to easily.

The issue with IEMs is that they block much of the surrounding noise, which can be dangerous in some situations, such as crossing traffic intersections. 

If you want to try a great cheap IEM, I like the $13 Soundmagic ES18 very much. 

When I need to hear my surroundings, I usually use inexpensive JVC traditional style open earbuds that have ear hooks(HA-EB75) to keep them in place. They are bass deficient, however when I boost the bass on my player's equilizer by 8db, they are decent enough for casual use while I am active.

If you are happy with the PK3, then buy another one, and perhaps a few spares, as it is uncertain if they will still be available next time you want them. 

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the reply JK. I decided to try the ClarityOne EB110 IEM.   Mainly because of the insanely cheap price of 8 dollars in case I dont like the way they feel etc. (First IEM)

But if I do like the EB110 I might consider the SoundMagic IEM,

appreciate the suggestions :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back