My VSONIC Collection Has Begun...R04Pro, GR06, GR07...I Am A Fan!!!!! Comparisons Post #62!!!
Dec 27, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #107 of 160
I just received my pair of VSonic GR06's yesterday from my Secret Santa.

And I am really enjoying the sweeet sound quality, and for around $50?! Ridiculous.

Now, I just wonder what the GR07's would sound like... next purchase? I think so. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

A small token of my appreciation! A quick unboxing video. Thank you, enjoyyyyy~

Dec 30, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #108 of 160
I bought and am very very impressed with the GR06 and am considering donating them to my brother and making the jump to the GR07s. Are the GR07s worth the 3x increase in price or should I just buy my bro a pair of GR06s and keep my own? 

thanks

Jan 1, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #109 of 160
It depends how you deter relative cost, If you have no plans on purchasing another top tier in regard then yea, the GR07's are definitely worth it - If you don't usually spend that much on IEM's then maybe stick with the GR06's - I would say the technical proficiency of the GR07's is worth the extrta moola
redface.gif

I might be letting my GR07's go as they're not getting much use now with me finding a new love with my Miracles again - Slowly might get rid of all my universals - So keep an eye out on the FS forums if you want to save a few $$ on the GR07's
wink.gif

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #110 of 160
I have just received my GR07. It is my first IEM ever so VSonics feel like a great way to start my collection. The sound is good, just slightly metallic compared to my full sized Sennheiser HD558 headphones. Apple earbuds from my iPad sound even more 'metallic'so that's just an impression without really trying to compare completely different products.

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #111 of 160
Let them burn-in for at least 150 hours, and then you'll see how even greater they sound... 
wink.gif

Quote:
I have just received my GR07. It is my first IEM ever so VSonics feel like a great way to start my collection. The sound is good, just slightly metallic compared to my full sized Sennheiser HD558 headphones. Apple earbuds from my iPad sound even more 'metallic'so that's just an impression without really trying to compare completely different products.

Jan 4, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #112 of 160
@putente Thanks for the reply :) I have just restarted the counter on Foobar. I am really curious what I am going to find out after burn-in session over hundred hours. I guess that would not be so hard considering how nice they fit inside the ear. As I always loved earbuds I have expected that would be a problem. I am glad it turned out great almost good as wires. They for sure feel a bit stiff but now I am so fortunate I do not have to deal with any Gordian Knots. I got one each time I took out the regular Apple Earbuds.

Jan 6, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #114 of 160
I really wish the GR06s came with a chin strap like 07s.  They'd be the perfect gym headphone.  Oh well...guess I gotta stick with my Soundmagic E30 for a while longer at the gym and the GR07 at home.

Jan 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #115 of 160

Quote:
been spending the day with the GR06, if i can for a moment try to ignore Vsonics naming conventions which i really cannot fathom, they are just outstanding.

In your opinion, how do they compare to the GR04 and GR07?

Thanks in advance.

Jan 6, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #116 of 160

Quote:
In your opinion, how do they compare to the GR04 and GR07?

Thanks in advance.

7 is clearly, very clearly superior, cost 3-4 times as much so it bloody well should too.

the 4 is better, just a touch but its a much more unflavoured sound.  the 6 is a bit warm and rich and if youll excuse the drink talking, for £32 its fcuking unbelievable!  there was a reason i was telling people on twitter yesterday to buy  a pair because i think once i post my review of them they may become hard to get.  (i know what frog beats stock was when i tweeted yesterday and it wasnt a lot)

the 6 is warm and smooth and takes both the Vsang R03 / Brainwavz M2 and the ECCI PR401 and wipes the floor with them both and still has one hand tied behind its back.

and there are too many and's in there.

Jan 7, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #117 of 160
Whoa.. Now I can't wait to read this review.. Sounds very promising..

Hey Heatfan12.. What value did the ebay seller put on the customs slip when you ordered yours? Actual $50 value or lower?

Quote:
7 is clearly, very clearly superior, cost 3-4 times as much so it bloody well should too.

the 4 is better, just a touch but its a much more unflavoured sound.  the 6 is a bit warm and rich and if youll excuse the drink talking, for £32 its fcuking unbelievable!  there was a reason i was telling people on twitter yesterday to buy  a pair because i think once i post my review of them they may become hard to get.  (i know what frog beats stock was when i tweeted yesterday and it wasnt a lot)

the 6 is warm and smooth and takes both the Vsang R03 / Brainwavz M2 and the ECCI PR401 and wipes the floor with them both and still has one hand tied behind its back.

Jan 7, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #118 of 160

Quote:

LOL. Good one.
beerchug.gif

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #120 of 160
Damn where did you buy GR01 from? - had a bit of look around but it seems that no one sells it yet, would be keen to see how it performs...

I need to buy myself GR06 too so just I can have more of the excellent tips, I use it for almost all my IEM (TF10, MTPC, etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back