My take on the Radius TWF21 *Complete*
Oct 19, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #16 of 23
To Inks, and to those who own the DDM2, what's the burn-in like on these, and what noticeable changes (if any) were encountered pre and post burn-in?

Oct 19, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #17 of 23
I don't want to stir a discussion that's OT, but burn-in is simply psychological IMO. It's just pseudoscience, people draw conclusions of changes in sound based on their poor sonic memories without having a proper reference to go by. When the science has actually been done, it points to insignificant change. This is why also see a lot of people claiming BAs and MAs go through burn-in, but that's also false as well IMO (and it's funny how some attribute it to cable or crossover burn-in without any grounds). 

Have I experience change? yes, it's actually very relative to the IEMs you are using at the time. Using the EX600s for a while, it made the DDM's sound veiled and recessed in the treble. Then a month later after using other warmer IEMs, going back to the DDM2s it seemed to have opened up, but I wouldn't call that burn-in and leave it at that, it's just not logical IMO. Manufacturers benefit from claiming their product requires a significant amount of burn-in knowing the psychological changes. 

Bah, the formatting in this review got pretty screwed up somehow...I'll try to fix it soon. 

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #18 of 23
I completely understand and respect your opinion Inks. Thank you for your insight my friend. 
smile.gif

Oct 29, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #19 of 23
Ok so I got the DDM2 the other day and the right side was faulty, didn't produce the lows and volume was lower. Got my replacement today and it was working fine for about 30 seconds then the left side went dead like the first pair. Anyone experience this? Seems strange.

Oct 29, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #20 of 23
Check your source. This happened to me once. Turned out to be my amp, and not the earphones. Or it may just be bad luck, and you now have a second faulty set on your hands. 
frown.gif

Oct 29, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #21 of 23

Quote:
Check your source. This happened to me once. Turned out to be my amp, and not the earphones. Or it may just be bad luck, and you now have a second faulty set on your hands. 
frown.gif

This was through my iPhone 4 and it was working then cut off to never fix itself. Must be something on the inside that got fudged up.

Update - Just check it through my iMac, same problem. 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back