my RV with car-puter and the life of love
Apr 23, 2010 at 5:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

uzziah

Headphoneus Supremus
OK, SO I'M SO DAMN TIRED I CAN'T KEEP MY EYES OPEN AND CAN'T MAKE SENSE OUT OF MUCH, SO THIS WILL BE GIBBERISH SORT OF FOR AWHILW, BUT I'LL BE ADDING TO IT, AND THIS THREAD WILL GROW AND GROW AND GROW BECAUSE IT IS ABOUT MY DREAM, AND THAT WORD "DREAM" SHOULD BE IN huge huge HUGE huge HUGE caps, becuase it's that huge of a dream. i want to travel with an a cheap rv, that i spend 6months learning how to fix the thing before i set off, a dual sport motorcycle on the back, surboards and kayak on roof, bathrom needs to be on the side, cuz i'm gonna rip out the loune in the back and put in a kickass recliner from craigslist. this will be my GOD chair. for reading, for playing video games and watching film and tv that i'll watch on a LCD that i will build a thing-y so that it can swing down from the celing in the coridor, or slide out from the side or something.

i love you all, help me make my dream a reality

it's killing me to be unable to write more right now. i've spent six years in constant torturous pain that if you actuallly knew what it was really like, you'd proably have a heart attack on the spot. i've had pain beyond and number or level or any description in my central nervous system. all i nmy heart and spine.................and i'll talk moe about it

i gotta sleep. i love you all

i just wanna travel, don't want to pay for camping, or parking (just on somebody's street ya know, so a small class C RV, inconspicuous. also they're cheap. a big block V8 standard american engine, hopefully with a 400 3-gear tranny that is indesctructabale, and i'll spend massive ammounts of time learning to fix it myself because taking it to a mechanic is not part of the pland, unless of course something happens that i can't handle; and i have some parents with a little bit of money that migth be willing to bail me out in such a circumstance, but they sure as hell aint rich and i wan't to avoid that at all costs...................i want a kickass wifi antenna, run netstumbler, maybe hack a little even, but grab wifi all over, and my iphone contract is up in a month or two, and i think i'll betting an android, probably verizon, but open to suggestions, but it HAS HAS HAS HAS HAS to be able to tether so i can use the 3g on my laptop, and BTW verizon has best 3G network right???????????????? basically i'll be all around the country, over years probably. i'll be writing cuz that's my passion. also playing guitar cuz that's other passion. seeing friends etc.

i'll find jobs that i can telecommute, like call centers that allow you to work from "home".................also before i leave (which will be in 6 months or so hopefully depending on the nature of my disease (which if i didn't mention we just made a MAJOR advance that has saved m life for nwo).............i'll also get a job as a waiter before i go because i figure that's a job i can do anywhere and make decent cash, and by living in the rv and paying no rent , i'll save it all. i'll also invest and such. i'll stay in one spot for awhile, and when i attract some heat for squatting on someone's street, i'll just move. also, i'm real fat right now (250lbs so not super fat, but pretty fat, at 6ft even, with a big stocky (actually "big boned") norwegian viking body..........and not hiccup's body on "how to train your dragon)................i mean the other ones, sort of, ok bye

kickass memory foam topper on my queen bed over the front (overstock.com has cheap kickass toppers, get at least 4pounds density

ok, so here's the plan:

1. buy a small class C RV; something between the smallest class C i can find (gotta have bed above the front, cuz otherwise there's no space for anything. it has to be small enough to park anywhere and be inconspicuous to folks don't call the cops on me

i'll put a big, kickass WiFi antenna on the roof and connect it to the carputer, which at the moment is probably gonna be my current desktop:
1. athlon64 x2 4200 2.2ghz (i think) cpu but can go to 3ghz (but only on water, and i sure as hell aint using water cooling in a moving vehicle. just

i'll be doing a blog called "NO RENT IN SIGHT"..................****in cool, eh?????

if you could feel the joy in my heart right now about this, you'd see that god exists. also, if you could have seen the last

so i'll go back to the kaiser neurologists who basically do everything possible to avoid spending money. which is basically the kaiser mandate: the less you spend

Apr 23, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #2 of 9
basically i'll be puttting more and more and more into this thread, because i consider the minds at headfi to be the brightest group online (btw: are there any others? like any other forums, regardless of topic that have a group of really smart, open minded, kickass people???????????????

avsforum is filled with ****ing dumbassfurckers that are only willing to talk about how beutiful their color tones are. they're fantastic for actual audio-video setup info (video mainly)................................but they have no genious. headfi has lost some of the great ones, there were a few people a couple years back that were overflowing with such wit, brilliance and etc. etc. that it was awesome

we took a big step down for awhile, i think with the level of over-advertising too broad a focus, and etc. etc. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........but i think that we're coming back, and i think the newbies are catching on. headfi has always been a place were great minds meet (especially member's lounge)

i'd also like a forum were only headphoneious supremuseus's or someone tihe 1000 posts, or whmomething would be let in

Apr 23, 2010 at 5:23 AM Post #3 of 9
ok, i'm saying nothing i wanted to, but i'm so damn tired. i've been horribly sick for six years. i've been constant torturuous pain 24/7, i've been incredibly suicidal which i'll talk bout later, but basically want i want to say is:

THIS THREAD IS GONNA GO ON AND ON AND ON, but FOR NOW, i am too damn tired to do anything about it

Apr 23, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #5 of 9
...For the price of the RV you could of put a deposit down on a condo and got a real foothold on life, vehicles are one of the worst investments you can make these days. With the deposit down on the condo your left with about $600/month mortgage that not only covers living buts builds equity and before you know it you own it! The RV will probably cost $600 a month to run, loose money the second you drive it off the lot and leave you with nothing but debt. On top of that your God is going to be pissed that you're unnecessarily polluting the environment with carbon monoxide.

Apr 23, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sportsmobile Custom Camper Vans - Your Home Away From Home

These people make the least conspicuous rv I know of.

you're 100% wrong my man; anything that "pops up" is completely out of the question. when you're on someone's street and you "pop up" they know there's someone in there sleeping. what i want is for them to think that the RV is just owned by someone on the block, and is just sitting there. i'll be installing very very thick blackout curtains and parking in inconspicuous places.

Apr 23, 2010 at 8:02 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...For the price of the RV you could of put a deposit down on a condo and got a real foothold on life, vehicles are one of the worst investments you can make these days. With the deposit down on the condo your left with about $600/month mortgage that not only covers living buts builds equity and before you know it you own it! The RV will probably cost $600 a month to run, loose money the second you drive it off the lot and leave you with nothing but debt. On top of that your God is going to be pissed that you're unnecessarily polluting the environment with carbon monoxide.

my poor soul of a man; i'm not looking for a foothold on "life" as you call it, which what you really mean is "money", equity, stability. i'm looking for a foothold on joy. and btw, i'm a writer, and a damned good one. i know i'll be published eventually, and i'm also going to be assisting my mother who is a published author of TESOL (teaching english as a second language) books; we have a synergistic partnership when it comes to writing, I will help her with a brilliant idea she has for a new series of TESOL books, including downloadable content; i can't go into it because it's classified at the moment; and she will give me notes on my writiing, which is primarily fiction, novels, short stories, and poetry

i'm terribly sorry that i'm not living the safe, secure life that you want me to live. however, i have some great fall backs should everything hit the fan. i am a Norwegian citizen as well as an american and my grandmother owns a lovely cottage in southern norway on a little island as well as an apt. in Oslo. when she dies the cottage goes to my mom and when she dies it goes to me, and while my mom's still alive, and my grandma as well, they're both thrilled to have me living there or in oslo with or without them as much as possible, fixing everything they can't manage, and helping my grandma as much as possible. my Norwegian citizenship entitles me to universal health care as well as well as welfare and basically anything i need. but the reason i'd be there would be to live on this island, fix the cottage in every way it needs; i'll also be going there in a couple months and i don't know how long i'll stay; my grandma needs me to do a lot of work on the cottage as well as even just carrying groceries which she simply cannot do anymore at age 87; but she's a damn fit 87. two years ago she gave me a massive hunting knife because she said she probably won't be needing it anymore as at age 85 she was getting just a little old to go cross country skiing deep deep into the back country. but she still skis at 87. we still have viking blood in us and we don't **** around. we fix things ourselves, we backpack across Europe, or RV or motorcycle across the USA when we want to, and we don't buy ****ing condos, build equity and slowly die by stuffing ourselves with olive garden and grey's anatomy.............................oh, and please forgive the heartless comments, i just like to pick at folks sometimes, my appologies

my father also lives here and has also saved my life these last years of horror that you can't imagine. and he is having serious struggles and needs my help and i won't be leaving before i set his spirit to rights as well as possible.

as far as pollution, i will be driving the RV very very little. i will be travelling very slowly. i will drive the motorcycle, that'll be on the back of the rv, as much as possible; i'll park the RV somewhere inconspicuous; put in maybe six or seven deadbolts, maybe some fun security system (any advice on this would be great: has to be cheap and i have to be able to install it myself)

and btw, i ain't driving this RV off any "lot". i'll be buying it from an old couple probably that thought they'd use it but never got around to it and it's taking up space. in fact right next door is one that's nearly perfect, it looks a lot like this which is basically what i'm envisioning
http://www.bretzrv.com/images/inventory/80737_2.jpg

..........you wouldn't believe how many of these sorts of thing there are that are old but have remarkably low miles on them

i've seen several early 90's ones with 40k miles, selling for a few grand.

basically, the engine and tranny are usually ok, the shocks need replacing after sitting forever, all the hoses and belts and such get replaced, and as i said, i'll be spending ****loads of time learning to fix the thing before i ever set out

i'll be moving a little at a time, parking the RV, riding the cycle to the beach or mountains or whatever, working wherever when necessary, cooking beans and rice, potatoes, veggies and such. my food bills will be low low low.

you and i my friend are not on the same path, and i hope for your soul that you find a little joy because from what i'm hearing in your writing, i'm feeling a lot of fear of uncertainty, but a lot of lack of joy

i'm gonna be travelling, writing, waiting tables and doing tele-commuting jobs when i need to, i won't be paying rent, i'll be practicing my guitar so i am band-worthy in time, and i'll finish my first novel, and certainly a few short stories, and i'm close to being able to put together a bundle of poems for publishing consideration.

after what i've been through, i don't want a ****ing condo. i want joy, and ****loads of it. and for me, this is how i wanna get it

Apr 23, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #8 of 9
Dude, write properly, it impossible to read through your posts...
No caps lock please, use some commas and periods, and that will help people read your posts and find them interesting.

This would be my first suggestion to making this thread something interesting, if you wish to pursue this dream of yours.

Also, you could start a blog, where you could post daily updates on your trip!

Manuel

ps: this lifestyle might be fun for a while, but eventually you'll grow older and start to appreciate other stuff, then having a proper house will sound much better!

Apr 23, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my poor soul of a man; i'm not looking for a foothold on "life" as you call it, which what you really mean is "money", equity, stability. i'm looking for a foothold on joy. and btw, i'm a writer, and a damned good one. i know i'll be published eventually

I hope this turns out to be a joke, the Norwegian princess part was most enthralling. If you're for real I shudder!

As it would appear you're not looking for a life but fun on the roads; you're a writer without grammar, no common sense and unpublished. I'm not looking to tell you how to live your life, but living in a van on some random street will get old real fast. A lot of people in America forget there are other countries out there; wake up in St. Tropez for croissants and yogurt, share a Tamarind with an Egyptian, sleep on a Balearic beach after pulling a BCM Tiesto all-nighter. Life is beautiful, experience it, maybe then you will have something to write about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back